Financial Java Architect Technical Lead
Posted on Aug 7, 2019 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Architect Technical Lead
Industry Financial Services: 10 years Hands on Java JEE .NET Python Angular Spring WebServices REST API.
- Identifies and compares alternative solutions to determine the optimal solution that will meet business needs.
- Ensures alignment of solution architecture to business objectives, roadmaps and strategic solutions, as well as to architecture principles and standards
- Works on unusually complicated problems and provides solutions that are highly creative and ingenious.
- Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas.
- Engages with external industry experts, technology suppliers and market analysts to bring insight to the strategy and to keep Company up to date with industry and market advancements/innovations.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of application system architecture and conducts business information flow studies.
- Creates the architecture document for assigned projects, including architecture patterns, decisions, and rationale for those decisions
- Conducts system architecture studies of new and existing IT systems to permit development of integrated systems.
- Defines future architecture enhancements, ie logical evolutions of the system
- Presents and communicates the solution architecture to various stakeholders, both technical and business, and can explain how the solution design will meet business needs
- Assists in creating and defining application and technical patterns to be used for business events, as necessary
- Acts as counselor to business counterparts, customers, and top management on requirements pertinent to the technical capability
- Evaluates system scalability and recommends improvements.
- Understands and applies change principles to identify architectural risks and technology debt.
- Provides in-depth technical consultation to clients and IT management to ensure development of efficient application systems utilizing established standards, procedures and methodologies.
- Works under consultative direction toward predetermined long-range targets. Determines and pursues courses of action essential in obtaining desired outcomes
- Provides leadership and guidance in the following:
- Advises external vendors, business owners, and IT groups regarding architecture guidelines
- Drives application architectural decisions for the systems under development
- Leads the applications integration and design discussions among multiple cross functional groups (Information Security, Enterprise Risk, Engineering)
- Influences key decisions for the technical and infrastructure architecture.
- Advises the system and infrastructure configuration from application performance, scalability, and capacity perspective.
- Provides guidance to business counterparts, customers, and top management on requirements pertinent to the technical capability
10 years of hands-on experience in:
- Modern programming languages and frameworks such as JEE, .NET, Python, Angular, Spring
- Integration technology patterns and platforms including Web Services, REST API, Messaging, and ETL with related technologies like XML and JSON
- Database technologies like RDBMS, NoSQL, Hadoop
- Containerized infrastructure, Micro Services and DevOps principles
- Cloud computing inclusive of PaaS, IaaS, and IPaaS
- Business process automation/management
- Reporting and analytical tools such as MicroStrategy, Essbase, Tableau
- Bachelors' Degree or equivalent Work experience
- In depth experience architecting solutions that are: Secure, Resilient, Scalable, Transformative
- Strongly preferred domain experience in: Finance, Treasury/Payment Processing, Identity Access Management, Information Lifecycle Management, Business Resiliency/Disaster Recovery.