Posted on Aug 7, 2019 by Kinsale Insurance Company
Kinsale is an Excess & Surplus lines insurer specializing in hard-to-place, small to medium sized commercial accounts. Kinsale is eligible in all states and writes a variety of Property, Casualty and Specialty lines through thirteen underwriting divisions. Given the experience of our staff and our control over the underwriting and claims processes, Kinsale offers unmatched underwriting flexibility to brokers placing difficult E&S accounts. Kinsale will consider offering terms on a wide range of risks including accounts with new or high hazard operations and businesses that have a poor loss history or that are located in high risk venues.
Adjusting a variety of commercial general liability claims under the supervision of a Claims Manager. In this position, you will have responsibility for adjusting a wide variety of bodily injury and property damage claims arising out of our Casualty underwriting units.
- 2 to 5 years of experience handling commercial general liability claims.
- Proficiency in assigning and directing investigations.
- Experience in handling claims in litigation.
- Ability to analyze coverage and liability.
- Determine loss value.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and decision making skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Superior writing ability demonstrated by the ability to draft clear and comprehensive written communication to both internal and external parties as well as possess excellent oral communication skills.
Education and Certifications:
- Four year college degree is required.
- Strong organizational ability.
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong computer skills.
- Adjuster licenses or other industry designations are desired but not required.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental, life, disability, PTO, 401(k) and more. This position offers bonus potential that is best in class.