Developer in Test
Posted on Aug 7, 2019 by Newton Blue
We're currently recruiting for an experienced mid-senior level Developer in Test/Software Test Engineer for our Dundee based tech client; one of the UK's largest developers of front- line clinical systems and solutions within the healthcare sector.
You'll join a Scrum Development team who are working on the design and delivery of an innovative new suite of products. It's a role which will see you working across the full software development life cycle, helping to deliver new products and enhanced features for a wide range of healthcare clients.
What will you be doing?
- A mix of hands on development work and testing (automation and manual)
- Participating in Scrum team meetings to plan sprint work, and discuss, understand, refine and estimate backlogs by the team's Product Owner
- Help define acceptance criteria/test cases, reviewing gaps in test coverage and identifying potential for automation
- Carry out explorative testing on client-side applications across a range of platforms such as Windows Desktop, Windows 10 Store Apps, iOS, Android, etc.
- Create and maintain test environments, including desktop VMs and server-side environments
What they're looking for....
You're comfortable working in a fast-paced Scrum environment and in a cross functional team, collaborating with users and internal stakeholders. You're naturally inquisitive, highly organised and have great attention to detail, keen on continually developing your skills across a range of technologies.
You've extensive hands on experience of test driven development, test automation tools and manual testing to ensure quality throughout the process and have the following;
- Development experience (C#/Java or similar)
- Manual & Automation testing experience
- ISTQB or equivalent certification
- Agile environment experience
If you have any experience working with some of the following, that would be really useful, but it's not essential:
- Xamarin Test Cloud or App Center; writing Coded UI automation tests; Docker; clinical or healthcare systems; Visual Studio 2015/2017; Jenkins; Atlassian products such as BitBucket, Jira, etc.
They are offering
A competitive salary and a great range of company benefits, including matched pension, health cash plan and well-being allowance.
It's a friendly, supportive and focused environment, working with a team who take pride in what they do and the positive impact this has on a wide range of health services across the UK.
If you think you'd be a great fit for this role, please apply online now.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£45.4k - £68.2k Annual
£54k - £65.8k Annual
£54k - £65.8k Annual