Security Engineering Analyst
Posted on Aug 6, 2019 by CV-Library
Our client has an exciting opportunity for an Information Technology Security Engineering Analyst. The Information Technology Security Engineering Analyst plans and implements security controls, in conjunction with the Security Architect. They perform risk assessments of new products and services, both on premises and cloud based and of changes to existing configurations. They investigate security incidents in conjunction with SOC analysts, to develop and implement a mitigation plan. They are also responsible for preventing compromise, data loss and service interruptions by identifying new technologies that will effectively protect the network and all data stored locally and in cloud applications.
The Information Technology Security Engineering Analyst is expected to work independently on projects and tasks by researching, gathering information and collaborating globally with other employees across teams and functions, to provide risk assessments or recommendations This role reports to: Senior Security Engineering Lead and is located in Christchurch with a very competitive salary plus bonus and excellent benefits.
As the Information Technology Security Engineering Analyst, your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
* Experience in IT security, compliance and risk management, including privacy, controls, etc.
* BA/BS degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Math background preferred
* Proven ability to succinctly communicate complicated technical security issues and the risks they pose to corporate data.
* Experience in security architecture, security application scanning, vulnerability assessment, network and application security protection, prevention and mitigation techniques
* Experience implementation programs for improved network security, including segmentation, perimeter and in-depth monitoring, and active response
* Implementation experience with enterprise SIEM security solutions
* Knowledge of common encryption technologies (PGP, SSH, TLS, etc.) and authentication protocols (RADIUS, LDAP, Kerberos, SAML, OAUTH, etc.)
* Experience securing Active Directory environments including servers and endpoints
* Working knowledge of cloud computing technologies and workload transition challenges
* Security certifications, i.e. CISSP, SANS/GIAC, CISA, CISM, etc.
* Experience with NIST Security Framework, DFARS requirements, and other Cybersecurity standards
* Experience with data classification based on Corporate Policy and treatment in transit and at rest
* Experience with security development lifecycles and secure coding and software development concepts: MS SDLC, OWASP, etc.
* Experience with Public clouds such as AWS and MS Azure and associated security threats/mitigations, and common attack vectors
* Experience working with different firewall implementations including Palo Alto Networks, Juniper and Cisco and F5
* Experience with network protocols including threat hunting and troubleshooting at the packet and protocol level
Keywords: IT Security, Security Applications Scanning, Security Architecture, Compliance, RISK, NIST, DFARS, Cyber Security, PGP, SSH, TLS, SIEM, RADIUS, LDAP, Kerberos, SAML, OAUTH.
Security Engineering Analyst
Location: Christchurch, Dorset
Salary: Very competitive plus bonus and excellent benefits
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£17.1k - £17.1k Annual
£38k - £48k Annual
£20 - £20 Hourly