Posted on Aug 6, 2019 by CV-Library
We are looking for an experienced Bid Manager with a technical background and a proven track record managing high profile tenders.
Due to the nature of the role, it goes without saying that candidates must have strong negotiation skills and bid writing experience.
Knowledge of conditions of contracts and keen attention to detail are also essential.
Applicants must also be computer literate.
After a 6 to 12 month period, there will be a small “back office” team supporting the manager that will include sales support and a marketing coordinator, therefore experience managing/supervising a small team is essential.
About the Position
Salary: Around £40,000
* 22 days holiday (increasing with service) plus 3 complimentary days for the Christmas shutdown plus public holidays.
* Company pension scheme with Royal London with a 5% employer contribution and a minimum 3% employee contribution (eligible after 3 months).
* Non-contributory private healthcare scheme (eligible after 6 months).
* Full company sick pay for up to 4-months in a 12-month period (eligible after 6 months).
* Death in service and critical illness cover.
To prepare, manage and deliver bids in response to requests for proposals and to ensure that company proposals are fully executed from the start to the end of the process.
This is a newly created role, based in Didcot and reporting to the Sales Director.
The Bid Manager will be required to travel to all the company’s UK sites (Farnborough, Warrington and Seascale) to support the sales managers and sales engineers, as well as attending customer meetings, conferences and exhibitions (as and when required).
If there is travel in the UK that is a considerable distance, the company will arrange for a hire car. They also provide a competitive 44p per mile mileage allowance. (No Company car or Car Allowance)
Key Responsibilities will include:
* Responding to tender invitations.
* Producing and delivering high quality presentations for marketing, prequalification and tender purposes.
* Manage tender submissions.
* Represent the company at tender meetings with clients and/or statutory bodies.
* Write and manage the production of tender submissions (quality and technical question responses).
* Obtain feedback on tender submissions and implement improvements.
* Assist with public relations, advertising, corporate identity, special events and market research activities.
About the Company
The company was founded over 50 years ago.
They provide mission-critical systems to detect, measure and analyse radiation to protect people, property and the environment.
They are a global business, powered by local geographical presence throughout Europe, Asia and the USA.
Please note we receive a large number of applications per day and although we would like to, unfortunately, we are unable to contact every person that applies. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Please make sure that the CV you are using to apply for the position clearly indicates where you have gained the experience you feel is relevant to ensure your application isn’t overlooked. If you are not able to edit your CV, please include a cover letter explaining why you feel you are suited to the position
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£50k - £50k Annual
£45k - £60k Annual
£45k - £65k Annual
£65k - £70k Annual