SQL Database Administrator
Posted on Aug 6, 2019 by CV-Library
Optionis is embarking on a 2-year change programme that will consolidate, upgrade and strategically align our core systems. You will play a pivotal role in supporting projects and undertaking work in this change programme. As well as implementing some of these changes you will work with the project teams to ensure they understand the technical ramifications surrounding databases, provide technical assistance and accurate estimations of risk.
* Work within a professional and dynamic team of IT professionals to support delivery of a major programme of change that will bring significant business benefit.
* Responsible for defining database architecture working closely with development and infrastructure specialists to ensure fit for purpose database systems.
* Ensure existing database are maintained and backed up correctly in order to mitigate risk and increase the productivity of the business.
* Responsible for ensuring the continued availability and performance of the entire database estate
* Assisting with logical data models and physical schema design, ensuring final database design supports the business requirements.
* Design, develop and maintain appropriately-scaled, effective solutions to support data migration and MI solutions using Microsoft SQL Server T-SQL, Integration Services and related tools.
* Perform database troubleshooting across a number of core systems, such as CRM, reporting, financial and payroll business systems.
* Produce high quality design documentation. Share and document system and domain knowledge to eliminate single points of failure.
* Provide accurate estimates of time and materials required to complete database tasks.
* Support the release, upgrade and maintenance of business applications.
* Optimisation and performance tuning of key queries and databases.
* Liaise with third party suppliers to resolve any database related issues as required.
* Ensure effective security is maintained and developed within the database estate which meets current and foreseeable business needs
* Support the culture of continuous improvement by highlighting any process non-conformities and implement relevant corrective action to prevent further reoccurrences
* Undertake training as and when required and be receptive to it
* Escalate any issues to the IT Management team in a timely manner, as appropriate
* Contribute to Out-of-hours escalation rota for specific Database related incidents
* Any other duties that are deemed necessary to support the business as and when required.
Key Skills and Competencies:
* Excellent working knowledge of the functionality and capability of MS SQL Server
* Experience with SQL Server Integration Services and SQL Server Reporting Services is highly desirable
* Strong TSQL Experience including ETL, Indexes, Execution Plans etc
* A working knowledge of cloud solution and non-relational database structures and theories (e.g. AWS, Azure) is nice to have.
* Experience of supporting Business Intelligence teams and their associated Data Warehouse systems and structures
* Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of the T-SQL programming language including the design and development of stored procedures, triggers and views.
* Analytical problem solver, capable of quickly getting to the root cause and recommending appropriate solutions.
* Effective communicator able to lead technical discussions and share domain knowledge.
* Self-starter with excellent planning and organisational skills.
* Experience with working in regulated, high volume, bulk/transactional sectors such as Financial Services, Banking or Insurance
Flexible working hours
An opportunity to work with a range of technologies
Potential growth and management opportunities
Auto Enrolment into the perk box employee benefits scheme
Private medical Insurance
Immediate Start Available
Free Parking on-site
£40k - £50k Annual
£40k - £50k Annual
£25k - £35k Annual
£50k - £55k Annual
£35k - £50k Annual
£46k - £51k Annual
£35k - £35k Annual
£35k - £45k Annual