Posted on Aug 6, 2019 by Haworth
When you feel connected to your work, you feel more engaged. At Haworth, you can pursue a career that offers you ample opportunity to build your portfolio and expand your skillset in an exciting and inclusive environment. Join a company that values innovation, inspiration, and you!
Haworth is a global leader in office furniture and architectural interiors. As a valued member of our family, you can make your mark on the world and reach your full potential within a culture of connectivity.
We are currently looking for Upholsterer II - Conover, NC to join our team in Conover NC.
Here at Haworth, our members enjoy the following benefits from their first day of employment:
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance
- Wellness Programs
- Paid vacation
- Bonus opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Opportunity for overtime (Paid at time and a half)
As a Upholsterer II - Conover, NC, you will:
Upholsters seats, backs, arms, and outers for lounge seating products, utilizing Haworth and specially ordered customer fabric, leather, and vinyl. Manually positions fabrics to appropriate parts, forms edges, and attached fabric with staples. Inspects fabric and parts per quality specifications. Assists with training other Upholsterers.
- High school diploma or equivalent (equivalent is defined as equivalent degree OR upholstery experience OR combination of education and upholstery experience; 3 years upholstery experience equals 1 year of formal education).
- 3 years upholstery experience.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and utilize precision measuring instruments.
- Ability to continuously pull, push, and tug material, equivalent to 10- to 24-pounds lift, into place.
- Ability to lift material/product weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work overtime, including weekends and holidays as needed.
- Current and continuing right to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Ability to work in Conover, NC without relocation assistance.
- Experience working at Haworth
- Experience upholstering arms, backs and seats
- Ability to work as part of a self-directed, self-managed, high performance team.
At Haworth, we have a strong set of values that guide our business and help us align with our customers.
We listen to our Customers. We rely on our Members. We honor Integrity. We embrace Continuous Learning. We lead with Design. We create Value. We work to make the World better.
It is the policy of Haworth to comply with all applicable state, provincial, and federal laws prohibiting discrimination in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected genetic information, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, disability, marital status, veteran status, religion, height, weight, or any other protected classification.
This organization participates in E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.