Project Quality Engineering Manager
Posted on Aug 5, 2019 by CV-Library
Our client is a global pharmaceutical company with a major presence in the UK. Their purpose is to deliver life-changing medicines and to do this they are completely science-led and like to share this with the scientific, healthcare and business communities within the UK.
This role is located in Macclesfield which is East of Cheshire, on the River Bollin. It is close to the county borders of Greater Manchester to the north, Derbyshire to the east and Staffordshire to the south. It is a gateway to the Peak District and Cheshire Plains, and has breath-taking countryside, parks, rivers, canals, reservoirs and woodland to explore.
The Project Quality Manager (PQM) works in partnership with the Project Manager to ensure that the necessary management processes to deliver high quality project outcomes across all areas of the project.
Responsibilities will include:
- Create a Project Quality culture - 'Right First Time' in everything we do, and obtain personal commitment from all team members
- Ensure that Quality Control resources and strategies are employed throughout project lifecycle (e.g. Supply Chain, construction, commissioning, handover)
- Develop, own and deliver Project Quality Plan & Quality Control Strategy
- Develop, own and deliver the Project audit programme (include 3rd party audits)
- Champion 'Lessons learned' reviews and implementation of key outputs
- Champion the 'Suitable Qualified and Experience Register' for the project
- Provide monthly reporting in the areas of Audit and non-conformance reporting
- Provide proactive identification and rectification of Project quality non-conformances
- Verify through monitoring, surveillance and review the effectiveness and implementation of the project delivery, (all project delivery elements, include both client and consultants / Contractors)
- Contribute to procurement management activities, especially the ITT process and review and approval of consultant / contractor PQPs and ITPs
- Coach and support the Consultants and contractors in development of the PQPs.
- Champion the development of the master list of ITPs, and record progress against programme. (work with the Commissioning & Qualification Manager)
- Collaborate with the Design Manager to develop the handover / turnover documentation requirements and outline the register of expected handover documents.
- Plan and ensure rapid closure of Project improvement activities NCNs, Lessons Learned Actions, etc
To be considered for this role you should have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Professional/academic qualification in Construction, Mechanical, Electrical, or Process.
- Membership of an appropriate Quality professional body (CQI/IQA/TWI preferred)
- Auditor trained (IRCA Lead preferred)
- Certificate/diploma in Quality Management preferred
- Proven extensive knowledge of Project delivery and Quality management in Construction and Process Projects
- Experience of working with Design and Fit-out Contractors in a highly regulated environment (ideally GMP environment)
- Strong collaborator with ability to create and maintain effective working relationships and willing to challenge behaviours and actions
- Demonstrated practitioner of practical problem solving
- Detail focussed completer/finisher with a result focussed mindset
- Strong leadership qualities with motivational ability to direct others
- High profession standards, holding himself and other in his team to deliver high quality outcomes to committed deadlines
- Works with integrity and tenacity to do the right thing even under challenging situation
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46218 in all correspondence