Information Security Risk Analyst
Posted on Aug 5, 2019 by First Republic
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
Information Security supports the business's objectives by implementing state-of-the-art cybersecurity technologies and practices so that we are well prepared to protect the Bank's systems and data from cyberattacks and other unplanned disruptions.
Discover the independence to grow and drive change
As an Information Security Risk Analyst, you will support the information security risk management process within the Bank. You'll also assess the adequacy of security and business continuity / disaster recovery controls, evaluating threats and vulnerabilities, and calculating the levels of current and residual risk and communicating these risks to business units and management.
In this position, you'll have the opportunity to be a self-starter and proactively look for solutions to difficult problems. You'll draw on your technical knowledge and experience in security, networking, systems administration, database administration, architecture or another technical domain, combined with your verbal and written communication skills and ability to understand business requirements, to convey complicated technology and security concepts to management.
What you'll do as an Information Security Risk Analyst:
* Identify, assess, measure and monitor information security, business continuity and compliance risk by performing independent hands-on risk assessments of both in-house technology systems and vendor-based solutions.
* Communicate recommended security and business continuity controls and control deficiencies for the various business units.
* Document and monitor the implementation of controls for technology and business project plans.
* Work with key business stakeholders to develop an overall risk management strategy for new or existing services.
* Review vendor contracts for compliance with Bank security, business continuity and disaster recovery requirements and recommend appropriate language changes if needed.
* Maintain broad knowledge of best practices and trends in the field of information security and business continuity.
You could be a great fit if you have:
* A bachelor's degree
* Knowledge of and/or experience with LANs, WANs, VPNs, routers, firewalls and IDS/IPS systems (preferred)
* Relevant information security certifications (for example, Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control, or Global Information Assurance Certification) (preferred) or the ability to gain a certification within six months of hire
* Three years of security, information technology or technology risk management work experience
* Strong communication and organizational skills, outstanding attention to detail, and excellent problem-solving and follow-up skills
* The ability to work independently, make decisions and multitask effectively in a very diverse project-oriented environment
* The ability to complete high-quality deliverables
* The ability to be a team player
* A commitment to providing extraordinary service
* Readiness to further the First Republic culture and values
* Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
* Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hardworking team players. You'll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability - that's the First Republic way.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, to the extent consistent with applicable federal and/or state law.