Mobile Native Lead
Posted on Aug 5, 2019 by First Republic
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Technology, we support First Republic's employees and clients through the acquisition, integration and management of the Bank's information technology systems and services. We drive innovation and explore emerging technologies so our people can be productive and focus on what matters most - providing extraordinary service.
Common goals, uncommon potential
As the Digital Technology Mobile Native Lead, you'll lead a team of native developers through product development and maintenance with a focus on executing full stack native mobile and responsive mobile solutions for corporate and consumer banking clients. You'll work as a member of the mobile SCRUM team to review the product backlog, epics and user stories as well as develop the system design/prototype and software solution by leveraging various in-house and external partner solutions.
What you'll do as a Mobile Native Lead:
* Establish and maintain strong partnerships with the business owners, product owners, system leads and external partners to logically design and negotiate solutions and participate in the long-term planning for products.
* Perform full stack, hands-on mobile development for native mobile app design and implementation (iOS and Android), including system analysis, test-driven application development, test automation, code review and application maintenance support.
* Adapt digital Agile approach and work with mobile vendor to implement the mobile solution.
* Drive the architecture and technology choices that enable a world-class user experience.
* Ensure commitments are met, while providing high-quality and cost-effective systems that meet clients' expectations.
* Lead and mentor junior mobile developers.
* Work with the application support team and external partners to ensure all applications are supported according to their service level agreements.
* Troubleshoot issues in production and non-production environments.
* Stay up-to-date on new technology, standards, protocols and tools in areas relevant to today's rapidly changing digital environment.
You could be a great fit if you have:
* A master's or bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or a related technical field
* More than 10 years of direct experience in software development and more than five years in mobile solution design and implementation
* Hands-on development experience using Java and/or Swift/Object-C and/or React Native code, combined with a full understanding of the mobile app development pipeline and process, including development of applications that interface with hardware accessories; experience architecting high-quality scalable, maintainable mobile native and hybrid applications
* Experience in test-driven development and test automation, including troubleshooting in production and non-production environments
* Proficiency in Agile and Scrum practices
* Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills and a willingness to learn new technology and act as a team player while furthering the First Republic Bank culture and values
* Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
* Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hardworking team players. You'll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability - that's the First Republic way.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, to the extent consistent with applicable federal and/or state law.