Director, Corporate Online
Posted on Aug 5, 2019 by First Republic
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Technology, we support First Republic's employees and clients through the acquisition, integration and management of the Bank's information technology systems and services. We drive innovation and explore emerging technologies so our people can be productive and focus on what matters most - providing extraordinary service.
The Director of Corporate Online Development manages all activities related to the design, development, implementation, and integration of Corporate Online applications, including API development, Corporate Online desktop and mobile app integration. This leader will apply knowledge of best practices, communication skills, and problem-solving skills to guide the project team.
This role will work closely with business stake holders, IT cross-funtional teams, and 3rd party vendors on various projects to ensure the on-time project delivery. He/She helps to ensure that we are following Enterprise Architecture standards, design standards and best practices.
* Establish and maintain strong partnership with the business owners/product owners. Provide the point of accountability to the Business Owner.
Work with Business Owners/Product Owners and system leads to logically design and negotiate solutions and participate in the long-term planning for products.
* Ensures commitments are met while providing high quality and cost effective systems that meet customer's expectations.
* Identify and develop support for new opportunities (operational efficiencies, new product features, enterprise integration, etc.). Validate technology aspects of competitive threats.
* Responsible for project solution design and implementation.
* Create and maintain a strong working relationship with key stake holders, including multiple business teams, technology teams and key vendors.
* Responsible for managing, developing and appraising the matrix structure delivery team, ensuring teams are highly motivated & focused on delivery (including collaborate and coordinate cross-team activities on other related projects).
* Work with the Application Support team and vendors to ensure all applications are supported according to their SLAs.
* Keeping up-to-date on new technology, standards, protocols and tools in areas relevant to rapid changing digital environment.
* Perform duties & responsibilities specific to department functions & activities.
* Performs other duties & responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor
* Responsibilities include the following:
* Adhering to and complying with all applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-Money Laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, etc.)
* Adhering to Bank policies and procedures
* Completing required training
* Identifying and reporting potential suspicious activity to the BSA/AML Officer
* Knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
Disclaimer: Critical features of this job are described under the items above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
* Bachelor's degree; and 10 years direct experience in software development; and 5+ years in object oriented design and implementation
* Minimum 4 years of experience in the web-based solutions and methodologies
* Minimum 5 years in a management position overseeing software product development.
* Proven ability to plan and manage a large-scale, long-duration software development projects.
* Strong attention to detail with the ability to work strategically
* Demonstrated experience leading the successful development and implementation of large-scale projects on time, on budget and with measurable positive customer benefits.
* Experience with projects that integrate with API, web services, digital e-commerce, …etc.
* Experience working with the Agile/Scrum project managmeent methodologies.
* Experience in matrix-managing cross-funcytional teams.
* Furthers the First Republic Bank culture and values.
* Deadline oriented.
* Able to deal with ambiguous situations.
* Team Player
* Provides extraodinary service
* Furthers the First Republic Bank culture and values
* The ability to learn and comprehend basic instructions; understand the meanings of words and respond effectively; and perform basic arithmetic accurately and quickly.
* Vision must be sufficient to read data reports, manuals and computer screens.
* Hearing must be sufficient to understand a conversation at a normal volume, including telephone calls and in person.
* Speech must be coherent to clearly convey or exchange information, including the giving and receiving of assignments and/or directions.
* Position involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
* Must be able to travel as position requires.
* May be required to lift 25-50lbs.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You'll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability - that's the First Republic way.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, to the extent consistent with applicable federal and/or state law.