Business Banking Credit Analyst
Posted on Aug 5, 2019 by First Republic
Palo Alto, CA
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You'll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Business Banking, we provide comprehensive depository, cash management, and lending services to businesses throughout our communities. While our clients are diverse, this Credit Analyst position is focused on meeting the needs to those in the Private Equity & Venture Capital industries. As a Business Banking team member at First Republic, you will work directly with clients to identify their banking needs and financial goals in order to deliver tailored solutions for their businesses as well as their personal banking and wealth management needs.
To work in a dynamic environment with Business Bankers and the Business Banking Department in evaluating, underwriting, monitoring and maintaining the overall credit quality of new and existing loan facilities.
What you'll do as a Business Banking Credit Analyst:
* Underwriting and Analysis: Underwrite high quality credit narratives in support of new and existing loans. This responsibility requires the following skills:
* Spreading business financial statements and tax returns using Moody's software
* Analyzing multi-year trends and ratios from financial information
* Understanding cash flow from operations, which includes identifying recurring and non-recurring sources of cash flow
* Researching industry trends and risks
* Performing collateral analysis including accounts receivable, inventory, real estate and investments
* Running credit reports and gathering/analyzing KYC information
* Spreading personal financial statements and tax returns for individual guarantors, developing borrower and guarantor global cash flow analysis
* Presenting to Executive Loan Committee with the Business Banker for loan approvals.
* Loan Closing: Work closely with Business Bankers, Commercial Loan Operations, Outside Counsel and the client to document and close loans thoroughly and swiftly. This process includes:
* Ordering loan documents, either in-house or using outside counsel
* Reviewing documentation for consistency and accuracy with credit approvals
* Ordering and reviewing formation documents & UCC searches for clients
* Ensuring loan terms have been detailed accurately on the Bank's loan system, post-closing.
* Portfolio Management: Create, maintain, and monitor all loan and credit files at the highest quality. This process involves:
* Monitoring existing credit facilities for financial and reporting covenant compliance
* Reviewing the covenant compliance log to ensure updated financial information and covenant compliance and communicating with clients to receive required reporting information
* Detecting early warning signs that could lead to a potential default
* Identifying defaults immediately to the Business Banker and Executive Loan Committee
* Monitoring underperforming loans
* Evaluating proper loan risk ratings
* Corresponding with Executive Loan Committee and Credit on waivers, amendments, renewals, reviews and modifications
* Client Service: Assist the Business Banker on all levels of the business banking relationship to ensure the client receives exceptional service. This process includes:
* Receiving and funding loan advances and payments
* Collecting loan and legal fees
* Calling on delinquencies
* Assisting clients with various loan and deposit related inquiries
* Remedying or submitting client requests to the proper departments and following up to ensure timely execution
* Identifying cross-sell opportunities.
* Lead special projects as needed.
* Be or become proficient in Microsoft Office, Bisys, AFS Level III, and Moody's.
* Perform duties and responsibilities specific to department functions and activities.
* Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor.
What skills you will use:
* Excellent credit skills
* Team player
* Outstanding communication skills
* Provides extraordinary internal and external service
* Attention to detail but not rigid
* Ability to think critically and independently
* Proactive problem solver
* Embrace feedback and strive for continuous improvement
* Furthers the First Republic Bank culture and values
* Required: Bachelor's Degree with MBA preferred; strong credit background, a minimum of 3-5 years of commercial banking and lending experience. Established network of business clients, prospects, and referral sources.
Preferred: Knowledgeable in Private Equity or Venture Capital and limited partnership structures.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You'll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability - that's the First Republic way.