Posted on Aug 4, 2019 by CAN Community Health
Statement of Purpose: This position is responsible for assessing clients suitability for PrEP, assisting HIV high-risk negative clients in initiating, adhering to, and managing a PrEP regimen.
Primary Tasks: PrEP Navigator
1. Provide rapid HIV test to clients.
2. Assess and address clients knowledge, attitudes, and beliefs regarding PrEP along with their intentions to initiate and comply with a PrEP regimen.
3. Assessment of clients level of risk to determine appropriateness for PrEP
4. Engage high risk individuals in discussions regarding HIV risk reduction and PrEP to educate them in what is required of the patient to ensure the most effective use of PrEP.
5. Schedule follow-up visits for monitoring possible side effects of PrEP usage.
6. Determine at what point PrEP may no longer be appropriate because of relationship changes.
7. Assess clients health insurance status
8. Assist clients with insurance prior authorizations, enrollments (if necessary), and pharmaceutical company assistance as needed.
9. Promotes and practices CAN Community Health, Inc.s mission and values and follows policies and procedures.
Secondary Tasks: PrEP Navigator
1. Effectively communicates and reports progress, new ideas, concerns and outcomes to the supervisor.
2. Participates in community outreach, education events on a regular basis.
3. Participates in training and support services as needed.
Responsible To: Education & Prevention Manager. Requirements:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required: PrEP Navigator
1. Strong personal initiative and self-motivation skills.
2. Sensitivity to cultural differences.
3. A positive attitude and pleasant personality.
4. Ability to motivate and engage others.
5. Ability to manage priorities in a complex and fast-paced environment.
6. Able to work evenings and weekend shifts as needed.
7. Able to travel to other clinics and events as needed.
8. Exceptional active listening and interpersonal communication skills.
9. Able to collaborate with others, professional demeanor, attention to detail, wiliness to learn.
10. Analytical Skills.
11. Computer literate with database experience.
12. Passionate about CANs mission including HIV education, prevention and care.
Education/Professional: PrEP Navigator
• College degree in related field of Social Services, Human Services, Healthcare or equivalent.
• 2 years HIV and/or community health experience
Physical Requirements: PrEP Navigator
1. Neat professional appearance
2. Requires sitting for extended periods of time.
3. Requires visual and auditory acuity.
4. Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
5. Requires repeated walking, bending, stooping, reaching and lifting up to 25lbs.
Machines/Equipment & Tools Used: PrEP Navigator
1. Computer and other business equipment
2. Multi-line Telephone
3. Fax Machine
4. Office Copier
5. Ability to operate a motor vehicle with a valid drivers license.