Medical Assistant (MA) / Front Desk Receptionist (Bilingual Spanish Sp
Posted on Aug 4, 2019 by CAN Community Health
Responsible To: Practice Administrator
Statement of Purpose: This position is responsible for Front Desk and Medical Records Administration as well as performing the duties of a Medical Assistant. Must be bilingual in English and Spanish.
Primary Tasks- Medical Assistant/Front Desk Receptionist Bilingual English & Spanish
1. Greets and directs all clinic patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous, and professional manner.
2. Effectively answers and routes inbound calls, providing accurate information to caller inquiries.
3. Schedules patient appointments accurately in EMR.
4. Confirms patient appointments daily.
5. Completes new patient registration in EMR, including demographic and insurance information.
6. Forward completed insurance information to the authorization team well in advance of appointment, and communicates with patients and reschedules them as appropriate when complete information is not provided.
8. Accurately Check-in and Check-out patients in a timely manner in EMR.
9. Requests patient responsibility (copays, coinsurance, deductibles, balances due) at time of office visit. Able to accurately determine and locate patient responsibility amounts and effectively communicate with patients regarding balances due.
10. Processes and accurately records daily monies batch at the time of payment all patient payments, including cash, credit cards, and copays. Returns all collections to Billing and Accounting in a prompt and timely manner. Follows CAN policies and procedures regarding balancing of payments and preparation of deposits.
Medical Records: Medical Assistant/Front Desk Receptionist Bilingual English & Spanish
1. Accurately enters all required information into patients EMR chart.
2. Ensures all lab results are received electronically or manually entered into the EMR accurately.
3. Scans patient information/records into electronic chart and mark for review when required.
4. Sends lab orders (electronic and paper) to labs for all patients as requested.
5. Prepares Request and receives records/documents with proper consents to other health care providers, government agencies, insurance companies, etc. as requested.
6. Assists Medical Team with administrative tasks.
7. Maintains HIPAA and confidentiality regarding patient/client and/or family in accordance with professional and departmental standards.
Medical Assistant: Medical Assistant/Front Desk Receptionist Bilingual English & Spanish
1. Performs medical intake procedures including vital signs and history.
2. Performs complete patient evaluation and assessment.
3. Records and reports symptoms, reactions, treatments and changes in patients conditions.
4. Performs immunizations as directed by the physician.
5. Documents all patient care in an accurate and timely manner.
6. Completes all medical prior authorization and documentation requirements.
7. Maintains temperature logs for all clinic refrigerators containing specimens and medications.
8. Practices safety, environmental and/or infection control methods.
9. Provides assistance with referrals and coordinates services with other organizations, federal and local programs.
10. Collaborates with clinic team members to coordinate patient services.
Secondary Tasks: Medical Assistant/Front Desk Receptionist Bilingual English & Spanish
1. Promotes and practices CANs values and mission, and adheres to all policies and procedures.
2. Maintains confidentiality regarding patient and/or family in accordance with professional and departmental standards.
3. Participates in continuous quality improvement of services rendered to CAN clients.
4. Develops and fosters networking relationships with community and support resources.
5. Utilizes resources and supplies in a cost-effective manner.
6. Demonstrates courtesy, compassion and respect in all interpersonal relationships with CAN clients, staff and visitors.
7. Maintains professional manner in all aspects of job tasks acuity..Requirements:
Education/Professional Experience: Medical Assistant/Front Desk Receptionist Bilingual English & Spanish
1. Medical Assistant Degree
2. CPR certified
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required: Medical Assistant/Front Desk Receptionist Bilingual English & Spanish
1. Demonstrates knowledge of HIV medical terminology, procedures, medications and accepted treatment practices.
2. Practices safe phlebotomy skills using standard precautions.
3. Demonstrates knowledge of OSHA rules, regulations and mandates.
4. Good communication and interpersonal skills with patients, visitors and staff members.
5. Ability to utilize problem-solving techniques, be a self-starter, work effectively, organized and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
6. Ability to read, understands, follow and enforce safety procedures.
7. Bi-lingual (tri-lingual preferred)