Posted on Aug 4, 2019 by Total Wine & More
9484 Main Street, Fairfax, VA 22031 USA
Stock Associate (Merchandiser)
As a Stock Associate, you are responsible for ensuring freight is processed efficiently to maximize product inventory levels and for providing an exceptional customer service experience in the retail store. You will ensure that the store is well-stocked and clean in addition to maintaining organized overhead and back stock areas. While both part-time and full-time positions generally focus on floor merchandise and inventory standards, you may also be assigned at times to front end cashier and sales associate duties as necessary.
- Deliver exceptional customer service by greeting and establishing a rapport with customers while informing them of our products and services
- Maintain aisles by following established sorting and stocking guidelines
- Complete freight process within designated timeframes while ensuring sorting area is safe and organized including unloading of truck trailers, loading of merchandise onto carts; distributing inventory to correct locations; pulling and stocking merchandise from back room and overheads
- Process inventory and proactively investigate/correct any discrepancies
- Open and stack cases and merchandise; break down boxes and bale cardboard
- Be familiar with and sharing Total Wine & More's product portfolio
- Ensure proper signage is in place and pricing is accurate; build displays and end caps; clean and maintain merchandise as appropriate
- Maintain store safety standards
- Ownership of store cleanliness and assist in maintaining standards on the sales floor, stock room, lockers, kitchen, bathroom, etc.
Minimum Experience, Skills and Education:
- 21 years of age or older
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as business requires, which may also depend on your preference for part-time or full-time hours
- Ability to use technology applicable to the position and access information necessary to complete daily responsibilities
Preferred Experience, Skills and Education:
- 1-year retail sales associate, merchandiser, or inventory specialist experience (including greeting customers, stocking, merchandising/managing inventory, and/or replenishment)
- Prior experience in a team environment requiring professional and effective communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects/tasks at a time and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary for establishing customer and team relationships
- Ability to demonstrate a positive and engaging attitude and demeanor
- Desire to continually develop knowledge of product and services
- High School Diploma or equivalent
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (with or without accommodations):
- Ability to walk, bend down repeatedly, and be on feet for 10-12 hours a day
- Ability to climb ladders and lift 50 lbs. overhead and repeatedly
About Total Wine & More
Total Wine & More is America's Wine Superstore®-the country's largest independent retailer of fine wine. We started in 1991 when brothers David and Robert Trone opened two wine stores in Delaware. Today, our typical store carries more than 8,000 wines from every wine-producing region in the world. In addition, Total Wine & More carries more than 2,500 beers, from America's most popular beers to hard-to-find microbrews and imports, and more than 3,000 different spirits from every price range and category.
Our strength is our people. We are always looking for motivated, talented part-time and full-time team members who are interested in working for a company with entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for providing best-in-class customer service. Our retail stores and corporate office (called the Store Support Center) provide retail jobs with opportunity for career growth and advancement. Offering competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, we strive to ensure that all Team Members feel that they are a part of the business, as they are valuable resources to our customers, co-workers, and communities.
Drug Free Workplace