Trainee Legal Costs Draftsmen
Posted on Aug 2, 2019 by SmartList
The company now have several positions available for Trainee Legal Costs Draftsmen to join their dedicated Trainee Unit at their Sheffield office. You will be put through an intensive 8 month training programme on all aspects of legal costs covering a range of work from car accidents to clinical negligence claims.
Legal fees can range from a few thousand pounds to, in some cases, many millions of pounds and the importance of what you do should never be understated.
As Trainee Legal Costs Draftsmen you will manage yourself and your workload efficiently and conduct your duties proactively to ensure that the objectives of the business and the needs of the clients are met quickly and with maximum effect. When acting for the successful party you are responsible for detailing in a formal legal document the amount of work that a party has spent in pursuing their case.
Some duties of the role include:
• Conducting your work in accordance with the highest possible professional standards and with reference to the professional codes of practice, money laundering regulations and regulatory requirements.
• Working consistently in accordance with protocols systems and procedures across the firm, utilising Proclaim (a case management system) and Costs Master (cost drafting software) as required.
• Attending team meetings on a regular basis
• Attending training sessions
• Working in accordance with the firm's policies and procedures including diversity and equality recognising and respecting these firm core values
• Reviewing emails on a daily basis and moving all case specific emails into the relevant case on Proclaim
• Checking terms and conditions are in place with the client and ensuring that the terms and conditions cover the work requested
This role would suit a hard-working, self-motivated person with a high level of attention to detail who is happy to work on cases alone (with the support of a team and Manager) and who can work to deadlines and meet targets.
You must hold at least GCSE grade 5 (or equivalent) in English and Maths, plus 3 A Levels Grade C or above.
This is a full-time trainee role working Monday to Friday from 9am-5pm. You will be rewarded with a starting salary of £12,500 which will increase after the 8 month training period and will continue to increase.
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now!
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.
JOB TITLE: Trainee Legal Costs Draftsmen
SALARY & BENEFITS: Starting salary of £12,500
WORKING HOURS: Full-time Monday to Friday 9am-5pm