Coordinator of Sioux Center Programming
Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by Northwest Iowa Community College
DIVISION: Applied Technology
SUPERVISOR: Dean of Applied Technology
BASIC FUNCTION: Full-time, nine month position. This position includes, but is not limited to, classroom and laboratory instruction to high school students in DC theory, in AC theory, and in a variety of industrial and instrumentation and control courses. The incumbent will work closely with industry partners, area high schools, and NCC's Transitions Team to provide high school students with career pathway learning opportunities.
Other skills may include motor theory, programmable logic controllers, and power distribution. Developed organizational, and leadership skills, communication skills, and working in a team environment.
• Two-year post-secondary AAS degree in the field of electrical applications or related field.
• Three years of recent experience in the electrical or instrumentation fields or commensurate education beyond the AAS degree.
• Knowledge of electrical theory, wiring applications, motor theory, blueprint reading, basic drafting, motor controls, and programmable logic controllers.
• Bachelor's degree.
• Previous teaching experience or previous experience with career pathway advising.
DESIRED QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS:
1. Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills, and leadership skills.
2. Ability to work with high school students, industry partners, NCC staff and administrators, and K12 administrators.
3. Ability to provide effective instruction to high school students and to NCC traditional and nontraditional students.
4. Ability to work in a team environment.
5. Basic computer skills.
1. Work with NCC staff and administrators, K12 administrators, and industry partners to build a growing pathway program for industry partners in the field of industrial instrumentation and control.
2. Initially work part-time with as an electrician with an industry partner.
3. Conduct effective instruction in all assigned areas, using approved course outlines.
4. Develop, revise, and maintain current program curriculum for assigned courses.
5. Provide students written course expectations, including course objectives, attendance policy, methods of evaluation, and grading practices.
6. Assess student progress and maintain accurate grade computations. Submit grade reports to Student Services according to designated timelines.
7. Counsel, advise, and/or refer students as appropriate.
8. Serve as a resource person for students and graduates regarding job opportunities; conduct business or industry training as needed.
9. Notify the Academic Dean or other designee as early as possible of inability to meet a class.
10. Maintain evidence of competency achievements (knowledge and application of knowledge).
11. Participate in professional development activities as directed.
12. Meet with the industrial instrumentation and control program advisory committee as directed by the Academic Dean.
13. Assist in the budgeting process by identifying instructional materials and equipment; submit requisitions for needed supplies to the Academic Dean.
14. Enforce all Northwest Iowa Community College student policies, participate in committees, and complete all other duties as assigned.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential job duties/responsibilities and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
WAGE/SALARY RANGE: $40,000-$44,000 annual nine-month salary with potential for summer term supplemental contract. Annual salary based on experience and education.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: As soon as filled.