Schools ICT Technician
Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
How will you spend your days?
You will be responsible for providing day-to-day support, diagnosis and problem resolution of issues affecting IT hardware and peripherals, operating systems, wired and wireless networks. You will be providing technical assistance to teachers both outside and inside the classroom. And ensuring that all IT support processes are adhered to and to ensure the service level agreements with the schools are maintained.
Travel between schools will be required and candidates will therefore require your own car. All schools are located within the Borough of Sefton.
A Full Enhanced DBS check will also be required for the successful candidate.
In return, we offer a friendly, supportive working environment and great opportunities for progression.
How will you stand out?
* You will have excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems (especially Windows 7/10 and Server 2008/2012/2016) and Apple iOS devices.
* Desirable but not essential is knowledge of using technology within the classroom such as iPads, apps and Interactive techniques used by teachers.
* Experience of supporting PC hardware, peripherals and a good understanding of device connectivity to network systems is required.
* Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be approachable and patient when working alongside school staff and pupils.
* Excellent knowledge of maintaining Microsoft Windows operating systems
* Good knowledge of Active Directory
* Good knowledge of Group Policy
* Good knowledge of Apple iOS
* Support of network equipment including network switches and wireless technologies
* Good knowledge of supporting all computer peripherals, including printers and audio visual
* Experience in an IT support role
* Experience of working in an ITIL environment
* Good understanding of all IT support issues
* Excellent customer relationship and communication skills
* Ability to communicate well with non-technical staff and to provide excellent customer service is essential in a school environment.
What’s in it for you?
Agilisys is the UK's most innovative IT and business process service provider, transforming the way our clients deliver services to their customers through the use of strategic, affordable, shared service platforms. Working for both the public and private sector, we have earned a strong reputation and hold deep domain expertise within local government, travel and tourism, retail financial services and healthcare.
Agilisys offers a cohesive work culture involving a multitude of backgrounds that promotes diverse ideas to help form strong solutions. As part of one of the Top EOT’s in the UK, we value reinvesting in our employees with opportunities for career growth and benefits that ultimately reinforce the integrity of the company.
* Positive Work/Life Balance
* Health insurance
* Agilisys “Perks at Work” scheme- Exclusive Discounts/Offers at Various Retailors
* Pension scheme
* Employer Owner as part our Employee Owned Trust
Agilisys is an equal opportunities employer