Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
You will be responsible for providing technical knowledge, expertise, assurance and advice to the CEO, the Board and Management on the application of and compliance with the Integrated Management System (QSHE), legislation and best practice. You will develop, implement and oversee an enterprise Risk Management Framework for the Business which ensures robust identification, assessment and mitigation of risks.
• Develop and implement an Assurance Strategy, operating model and plan that enables continual improvement, development of a proactive culture and aligns with the Business Strategy, standards and legislation;
• Maintain a Corporate Risk Management Framework for the Business which ensures robust identification, assessment and mitigation of risks and report status to the Executive Committee and Board. Embed risk management as an integral part of business planning;
• Ensure the provision of a certified Integrated Management System that promotes continual improvement in QSHE performance and enables risk to be minimised;
• Provide strong visible leadership and governance to the organisation in Assurance matters in accordance with legislation, standards and best practice;
• Manage, coach and lead the Assurance Team, ensuring that the organisational structure and technical and behavioural competencies are aligned in order to deliver optimised service to the business;
• Collaborate with stakeholders, the business and partners, assisting them to integrate good governance practice into existing business mechanisms and processes, at both strategic and operational levels;
• Liaise with and develop robust working relationships with regulators, external agencies and other third parties as required;
• Liaise with Trade Union Safety Representatives promoting a proactive SHE culture;
• Develop and implement a model for off-site Assurance service provision;
• Lead the Environmental Sustainability Strategy for the organisation.
•Degree in an appropriate subject (e.g. QSHE). •NEBOSH Diploma (Occupational Health & Safety and Environment) minimum or equivalent.
•Chartered membership of one or more of the Professional Organisations in Occupational Safety, Health, Environment or Quality and undertaking a scheme of Continuous Professional Development (CPD) e.g. chartered member of Institute of Occupational Safety & Health(CMIOSH).
•Knowledge and experience of quality, security, occupational health & safety and environmental management and relevant areas of civil and criminal law ideally with experience of the practical application in the nuclear industry.
•Knowledge and experience of managing enterprise risk.
•Proven experience in a senior role successfully managing and motivating a team, with a track record of delivering customer focused services.
• Highly developed organisational awareness, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence, persuade and communicate with people at all levels within the organisation and regulatory bodies.
• Ability to provide strong, visible leadership in QSHE / Risk Management