Electrical Design Engineer
Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
An established and global facing manufacturing organisation is seeking an Electrical Design Engineer to join their internal Research & Development Team, to work as the Electrical Development/Design Engineer as part of a Machinery, Research and Development. A suitable candidate must be capable of designing the electrical system under minimal supervision, with a desire to undertake panel building and machine wiring as part of the development process, but also has the ability to manage and coordinate with build contractors to expedite the workload when necessary.
Duties will include:
* Design to specification of electrical control panels and machine wiring for machinery designed and built within the R&D workshop. Including integration of 3rd party supplied equipment.
* Continuing investigation into correct equipment and parts suitable for purpose. Investigate new parts and techniques to improve and/or reduce costs to machine design.
* Generate CAD drawings and Parts Lists to produce connecting drawings, panel layout, door layout, circuit diagrams and wiring diagrams to represent the interconnections between circuit components.
* Specify appropriate components; liaise with outside suppliers of goods and services.
* Working within the Machinery Department and project Budget Specifications place orders for component parts and prepare documentation for contractor build of control panels and machine wiring.
* Maintain records of purchases and costs.
* Able to safely undertake wiring modifications and adapt equipment as design requirements vary. The ability to build small panels and make test equipment/wiring leads.
* To test machines to ensure machine is safe to power up, to confirm PLC I/0, E-stop and guarding operation, Motor operation etc. To perform final machine electrical tests prior to dispatch.
* Ensure machine complies with current legislation with regards to Machinery Directive; Electrical build information is documented for technical construction files, testing and inspection. Update machine operation manuals.
* Technical Support
* Research and Development activities
A suitable applicant for this position will hold experience and qualifications:
* Electrical qualification HND or above in Electrical Engineering
* Good software related skills - AutoCAD, AutoCAD Electrical and EPlan would be advantageous.
* Electrical/Electronic Installation Qualifications
* A Working knowledge of Machinery Directive requirements especially BS EN(phone number removed) and BS 7671
* Basic knowledge of PLC’s. AC and Servo Motors and Controls
* Machine Wiring experience within safe working practices
* Familiar with Machine and Operation risk assessments.
* The position will be a days based position, Monday through to Friday with a midday finish on the Friday.
* The company offer excellent training and a very good Pension (up to 10%) and other benefits.
This position is based within a Research & Development environment that offers fresh engineering challenges on a regular basis.
For more information please contact Peter Hampshire with your latest CV
£36k - £36k Annual
£35k - £40k Annual
£35k - £48k Annual
£30k - £45k Annual
£38k - £40k Annual
£28k - £35k Annual
£50k - £60k Annual
£40k - £50k Annual
£40k - £50k Annual