Lead Solution Architect
Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
You will join a team which already has a strong track record of success such as the development of an in-house yield solution automating the management of 18 million prices on an hourly basis and now deployed across 4 markets in the group. We are now recruiting for a new Lead Solutions Architect to work within our IT Engineering domain specifically our Customer Systems, designing for end-to-end projects. The role will encompass the following activities:
* You will design, document, and develop world-class enterprise applications leveraging the full spectrum of technologies and design patterns.
* You will collaborate with customers to translate business requirements into technical requirements.
* You will define the scale and scope of projects, including logical and physical landscape requirements.
* You will mentor and coach other designers in development of best practices, design principles, and advanced technologies.
* You will inspire and lead project team daily.
* You will head up the architectural roadmap and resourcing planning for the project.
* You will plan and manage the resource requirements for architecture in your area.
* You will build the Architectural Solution partnering with Technical and Solution Architects and System Analysts who will implement the detailed design.
* You will provide the Architecture oversight and change during the end to end project delivery and transition to live running.
* You will lead the Solution delivery and any impact assessments, evaluations, product selections and Proof of Concepts as required.
* You will maintain links with Enterprise Architects and Products Owners to understand and build out the roadmap for your project.
* You will gain a deep understanding of the capabilities in the customer area, the data models, integrations, dependencies and systems in order to become a technical authority.
* You will also be responsible with the other Architects for developing the maturity, principles and patterns of the Solutions Architecture community and Technical Architecture functions.
* You will work within Agile teams, supporting Scrum Masters, Developers, Testers service design and transition teams from a design perspective.
* You will collaborate closely with other assigned Solutions, Enterprise and Domain Architects, ensuring designs are working to the established architectural guidelines and systems integration requirements.
Required Skills & Experience:
* Validated skills and experience delivering large enterprise scale architecture solutions using one or more of the following technologies: AWS technologies such as BeanStalk, ECS, Lambda, DynamoDB, RDS, Elastic Cache, Elastic Search, Amazon MQ / SQS, SNS, Kenesis, Quicksight, and Athena.
* Deep understanding of Application Architecture such as: API, Micro Service, Event Driven Architecture, N-Tier Applications and Web Service.
* Previous experience of Architecture for large data solutions and implementing on AWS is essential.
* A clear background of hands-on technical delivery, we expect a high level of technical proficiency to be displayed at all levels in the architecture team, especially at the top.
* Evidence of delivering multi-project technical solutions throughout the entire development lifecycle from inception to operation.
* Clear thought leadership and experience in improving the maturity of teams and technology.
* A passion for enthusiastically identifying trends and technical enablers who will contribute towards a culture of innovation at TUI Group.
* A deep understanding of Agile (Scrum/Kanban) and Waterfall delivery concepts and methodologies.
* You will need to be able to work as part of a team, with strong social and interpersonal skills – both verbal and written.
* You will be ambitious able to cultivate a positive approach.
* Patience and tenacity to see and instigate foundational change in a large enterprise.
* A deep understanding of documenting and analysing enterprise integration patterns and data modelling within a large company.
* You will have previous experience of object-oriented (OO) analysis, UML artefacts sequence, class and component diagrams and user stories.
* Taken a project through to final production stage (ideally in AWS Cloud)
£70k - £75k Annual
£85k - £85k Annual
£120k - £130k Annual
£425 - £525 Daily