Applications Scientific Scientist-Materials and Chemicals
Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
Check out the spec below-
The Application Scientist’s primary role is to implement, configure and develop scientific software solutions.
In this role you will work closely with our customers to understand their needs, analyse their data environment, assist in design and implementation of our solutions and aid in integration with their data systems.
You will also be responsible for demonstrations and training, technical support, and business development where appropriate. This is a highly customer facing role and requires a deep domain knowledge of one or more chemicals and/or production domains including synthetic chemistry, process research and formulation research.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Present the benefits of my client's software and explain the technical architecture to prospective clients
* Gather and review customer requirements and design integrated suites
* Install and configure software (particularly Browser, Studies, Studies Notebook, Register and ELN)
* Work effectively within a team
* Work closely with my client's developers to propose new projects and aid in the development of future versions of my client's suite
* Other ad hoc duties as required
* BSc, MSc or PhD in chemistry / cheminformatics / engineering
* A proven track record working as part of a team delivering quality solutions
* Experience in an Industrial chemicals or production environment highly desirable
* Experience of working in GxP environments
* Excellent presentation skills
* Knowledge of database, data/information management and web architectures preferable
* Motivated, ambitious and self-starter
* Willing to travel as required by the job
* European language skills (French or German) desirable but not a necessity
This is a permanent role, with a fantastic package, relaxing working environment and structured career progression, if interested then please apply today