PLC Controls Engineer
Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
Reporting to: Head of Engineering
Location: Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire
Package: £30-38K, depending on experience
PLC Controls Engineer required for my client a leader in the design and manufacture of special purpose machinery supplying to global organisations around the world.
- Prepare process / ladder diagrams for programming requirements
- PLC programming typically using Siemens TIA Portal (V13 and above) and S7 1200 series PLC
- Program revisions & upgrades
- Documentation and version control of programs
- Ensure programming software appropriate and up to date
- Provide input and advice to the manufacturing / commissioning teams during build and installation of the project on-site
- Using remote access to PLCs/HMIs to provide diagnostic support to service engineers.
Qualifications & experience
- Academic qualifications of minimum HND, potentially a degree in engineering
- Engineering design experience, ideally in a machine build environment or similar capacity requiring a broad engineering knowledge
- An excellent grasp of engineering and design principles
- Familiarity with pneumatics, electric motors & electronic control systems
- Experience with PLC programming
- Experience of programming Siemens essential
- Experience of programming Rockwell (Allen Bradley) preferable
- Knowledge of relevant electrical / machine regulations & directives
- Experience in Machine Building would be advantageous
- General computer literacy including Outlook, Excel and Word.
The candidate must be strongly analytical and have good attention to detail, yet also have the ability to develop creative solutions. They must be self motivated, driven to delivering results and be willing to demonstrate the personal commitment necessary in a small specialist team. They must take personal pride in delivering excellence to our customers.
A good communicator, willing to listen and learn, the candidate must be comfortable working in a small / medium company environment
£35 - £37 Hourly
£30k - £38k Annual
£30k - £38k Annual
£40 - £45 Hourly
£35 - £40 Hourly
£40k - £40k Annual
£40k - £50k Annual