Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
Ideally this Cloud Engineer will enjoy both AWS & Azure Cloud skills although if you have strong AWS only, the company is happy to cross train on Azure !
- Undertake application build & support activities in AWS & Azure Cloud Environments
- Overseeing the day-to-day operations of the cloud implementations
- Setup monitoring using cloud technologies such as AWS CloudWatch, CloudTrail and standard monitoring tools to ensure data & access security
- Hands-on contribution to the technical code and design documentation
- Design & Implement CI/CD pipelines
- Support & undertake evaluations and technical proof-of-concepts
- Understand / apply reusable code design, leverage application architecture / framework capabilities and functionality, and design / develop solutions that are highly reliable, scalable, and perform to meet business-defined service levels
- Conduct code reviews and ensuring quality solutions are built and tested
- Install/troubleshoot application software, user account management and installation/support of third party services (Lambda / DynamoDB / ElastiCache / S3 / CloudFront / Azure functions / etc.).
- Coach team members to undertake user account management (such as Active Directory, Cognito, SAML/SSO and IAM).
- To escalate and report issues that are likely to cause any service outage, and internal service levels not being met.
- To develop and engineer system solutions for large & small changes
- Ensuring that all proposed business changes are formally mapped back to strategic goals and have documented risks, which are reviewed and managed.
- To review advice given on any proposed system changes or designs, either throughout the project lifecycle or enhancements worked upon, The definition of requirements for improving any of the above and the quantification of potential business benefits.
- Seeking out, identifying and introducing new techniques and tools to continuously improve the services offered – Be open to ‘open source’ & drive culture of re-use & exploit new technologies for business benefit.
- Knowledge and hands-on working experience on Amazon Web Services (AWS Cloud)
- Knowledge of setup & managing Azure Workloads is useful
- Strong hands-on scripting skills – Shell, Python
- Experience in building pipelines for CI/CD implementations
- AWS based Provisioning (API Gateway, Lambda, DynamoDB, ElastiCache, S3, CloudWatch, CloudFront, CloudFo/rmation, Security Groups, Network Routing/ACLs)
- AWS based build, deployment and automation (CodePipeline, CodeBuild, Code Deploy)
- Creating automation workflows with configuration management tools such as Ansible and/or AWS CloudFormation / Azure pipeline
- Set up & management of Microsoft – CDN, BLOB storage, Cosmos DB & Functions Proxy
- Hands on working experience in Serverless environments
- Understanding of development best practices in building a stable, secure & performant application
- Experience with infrastructure automation, infrastructure as code, automated application deployment, monitoring/telemetry, logging, reporting/dashboard, and continuous integration & continuous delivery technologies
- Managing the cloud workloads & effective technical liaison with Project Managers & Developers
- Experience of using cloud based solutions (AWS-EC2/S3, Azure)
- Strong software implementation skills in AWS using AWS toolset
- Proven Experience in problem analysis and development tools
- Experience with administrating SaaS environments and tuning
- Experience with containers and container scheduling and management platforms (such as: Docker, rkt, Mesos, or Kubernetes) would be an added advantage
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Experience with Jenkins will be an added advantage
- Microsoft Certified Azure Administrator
- AWS certified SysOps Administrator / DevOps Engineer
Interested Cloud Engineers seeking a challenging & fast paced environment should apply now and can expect initial feedback within 72 hours
£35k - £45k Annual
£40k - £55k Annual
£55k - £65k Annual
£600 - £700 Annual
£40k - £68k Annual
£550 - £551 Daily
£50k - £60k Annual
£350 - £400 Daily
£450 - £500 Daily
£40k - £55k Annual