Senior Production Engineer / Manufacturing Engineer
Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
As Production Engineer / Manufacturing Engineer you will be responsible for managing all manufacturing operations. This will be a senior role in the organisation, reporting directly to the Managing Director.
The manufacturing function focuses on sourcing and assembly. The systems may include a variety of components such as a drive / gearbox, pumps, blowers, heaters vacuum pump, ultrasonics, level, temperature and pressure sensors, process valves, pneumatics and position monitoring. All are PLC controlled (Siemens).
Key responsibilities of the Production Engineer / Manufacturing Engineer:
- Overall management of production staff and processes
- Create production plans, monitor and report on progress
- Liaison with design on build issues and machine enhancements
- Manage procurement process from Bills of Materials/Parts lists
- Liaison with Suppliers and Purchasing
- Manage stores, stock level optimisation and control
- Provide technical input on assembly, fabrication and electrical issues
- interpreting technical documentation (drawings, circuit diagrams, OEM manuals etc)
- Carry out machine commissioning process, liaising with sales and to ensure machine/equipment is fit for trials and despatch.
- Maintain and develop the Quality Management system including ISO9001
- Manage health and safety of staff and the working environment.
- Implementing efficiency management programmes, eg 5S / Lean, as required.
- Staff recruitment and training.
The ideal candidate would have appropriate academic qualifications, perhaps a degree in mechanical engineering, plus extensive relevant experience in manufacturing, ideally machine building.
The machine build process requires skills in assembly, pneumatics and electrics with knowledge of PLCs being very useful
£37k - £42k Annual
£37k - £42k Annual