Junior Engineering Research Technician
Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
Are you or do you know an ambitious junior technician? If you want to work for a company where innovation and a love of solving our client's problems is embraced and celebrated, we want to hear from you.
ESR Technology are recruiting for a talented Junior Technician to join our world leading team based in Oxfordshire.
ESR Technology is a consultancy company employing approx. 70 staff has an enviable reputation and heritage. We are a UK based SME which seriously punches above its weight and has an outstanding reputation for excellence in both technical delivery and innovation through the provision of independent engineering, safety and risk management consultancy services. Its multi-disciplinary consultancy teams have in-depth experience of working with large multi-national corporations on technically challenging projects across various industry sectors, including oil & gas, process plant, rail, utilities, aviation and space.
ESR pride themselves on providing world-class solutions to their clients relating to the performance, safety and reliability of their capital assets. Safety case development, risk assessments, reliability and maintainability analysis, asset integrity management assessment, forensic engineering, non-destructive testing, root cause failure analysis and condition monitoring are just some of the services ESR provides.
To support our ambitious growth plans in the Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) consultancy area we are seeking a talented individual to make a high quality contribution to research, development and evaluation projects in the field of industrial inspection/NDT and who shares our determination to be the very best.
To be successful in this role, and to really drive your career forward in our business, you will need to clearly evidence the following qualification, professional expertise and personal attributes:
Level 4 Apprentice
5 GCSEs Grades A - C in Science, Maths and English.
A or AS levels (or equivalent) would be an advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Practical/experimental support in our specimen storage facility/warehouse:
* Benchmarking of test samples by means of careful mechanical measurements of position, depth etc, ultrasonic NDT measurements.
* Assist with hosting of client inspection trials of NDT equipment and techniques.
* Movement and lifting of samples.
* Packing and unpacking of specimen shipments.
* Preparation of test pieces for trials e.g. cleaning and marking up.
* Defect design, cutting/grinding of components.
* Assist with general house keeping.
* Using existing spreadsheets to assess NDT trial results by comparing with benchmark (sizing, detection)
* Adapting/creating new spreadsheets to new trials.
* Analysis of data in particular formats using Windows software (developed by ESR and others)
* Analysis of questionnaire responses.
* Preparation of presentation material for client meetings.
* Preparation of reports based on trial results following template of similar reports.
Essential Experience/ Personal Characteristics:
* Good oral and written communication skills.
* Good numerical and IT skills.
* Excellent team player - ability to get along with colleagues and work as part of a team.
* Drive, enthusiasm and ambition with a can-do approach.
* Flexible attitude to work - ability to adapt to changing demands and requirements.
* Dedicated and creative problem-solver with good analytical skills.
* High degree of integrity and trust.
* Ability to multitask, strong organisational skills.
* Demonstrate a progressive attitude towards developing their knowledge and skills.
* High attention to detail.
* High level of manual dexterity.
Key competencies and values to work with us:
* Customer satisfaction is key to business success - so we strive to exceed customer expectations at all times.
* Great people build great companies - so we seek to attract, develop and retain the best talent in the industry.
* We are committed to innovation - because innovation can transform the way our customers do business.
* We aspire to lead - by setting the standards others emulate.
* We are honest and fair - in our dealings with customers, partners, suppliers and each other.
Remuneration & Benefits:
At ESR we believe in rewarding our staff for their commitment and endeavours and we have designed a flexible benefits package that we feel will suit all of our team. You will receive a basic salary that will match your skills, experience and requirements, coupled with:
* Company Pension matched to 8%
* Private Medical Insurance
* Life Assurance
* 25 days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
* Annual Professional Institution Subscription Paid
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Additional Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
* Childcare Vouchers
* Long Term Service Awards
* Flexible Working
Interested? Don't hesitate! Click "apply" now