Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
The primary role of the Design Engineer is to review with Project Engineer, the customer requirements and help create technically competent and cost-effective product solutions which meet the requirements of the clients’ application, whilst adhering to the company’s design strategy, design standards, rules and controls. The role involves taking a collaborative ownership for the design processes related to the realisation of the sales order requirement, the generation of applicable drawings and supporting technical documentation, manufacturing and procurement information. The Design Technician will be required to upkeep related documentation and system files, helping to ensure that projects are delivered on time and to budget. Where applicable the Design Technician will assist the company in research and development activities.
In addition, the Design Engineer will support the wider activities of the team, including where appropriate sales, manufacturing and quality assurance, and will ensure that all activities are carried out in line with the company’s policies and applicable procedures.
• Produce and amend GA and Detailed Manufacturing Drawing using Solidworks/AutoCAD LT to the company’s standards in order to affect manufacture, give true reflection on what has been provided and collate information for the Technical Construction File and project as required.
• Create Cut File drawings from a detailed design drawing using AutoCAD LT.
• Create Cut File drawings from the customer detailed design drawing using AutoCAD LT.
• Create and build upon and maintain a library of standard parts to the main server.
• Create and build upon and maintain a repeat file register for our standard repeat order drawings.
• Support the design team to ensure the control and smooth process of orders through the system to maintain delivery deadlines.
• Provide Design support to the manufacturing department where needed.
• Work closely with other departments and staff to develop and improve our overall levels of customer service and support.
• Carry out all duties in accordance with the company’s QHSE policies and procedures.
• Undertake any other duties connected with the role or within the capabilities of the Design Technician.
• Minimum 3 years in a technical design role, SME light engineering, technical product environment. • Minimum 3 years Solidworks working experience
• Minimum AutoCad CT experience
• Able to understand and interpret engineering specifications
• Proven accuracy record
• Business system knowledge – preferably using CRM and advanced ERP processes • Good IT skills
Desirable Skills and Education
• Minimum HND Mechanical or Electrical Engineering qualification
• Experience with air control systems and terminology/HVAC background
• Knowledge of pharmaceutical and/or bio-medical customers, products and process standards
If the above is of interest to you and you have the right skills the client is willing to offer you a long and successful career with progression.
Please contact Nathan with a recent CV and the best number to call you on
£27k - £34k Annual
£22k - £24k Annual
£25k - £40k Annual
£36k - £38k Annual
£40k - £50k Annual
£50k - £65k Annual
£45k - £50k Annual
£20k - £40k Annual