Internal Sales / Trade Counter Sales Assistant
Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
£Competitive + Excellent bonus structure
Our prestigious client, with over 175 years trading experience and a nationwide network of branches, is seeking to strengthen their team with the addition of a proactive and experienced Internal Sales Assistant. The branch network supplies timber and building materials to all parts of the construction industry, both private and commercial, and have dedicated manufacturing divisions supplying specialist windows, doors and timber engineering services.
You may be a Sales Administrator or have experience of Trade Counter Sales from a timber building merchants background or similar with a passion for sales and customer service. As the Internal Sales Executive, working from the branch you will be responsible for providing sales administration support to the Branch Manager and sales team.
Key Responsibilities - Sales Assistant:
- Serving customers face to face and building relationships, repeat business and add-on sales
- Handle incoming telephone calls/emails and deal with a wide range of customer enquiries
- Maintaining a well-stocked, clean, tidy and safe working environment, adhering to the Company's health and safety policy and procedure at all times
- Working closely with suppliers to display and promote products to maximise sales
- Working closely and effectively with colleagues as part of the Branch sales team with enquiries and order processing
- Maintain accurate stock management
- Maintain core stock levels and manage out obsolete stocks
Sales Assistant - Personal Specification:
- Experience of working within a builders and timber merchants and extensive knowledge of building and timber-related products
- Computer literate
- Proven shop record and selling background
- Flexible attitude
- Honest, motivated, good communicator with a desire to succeed with a dynamic and progressive business
The company offer excellent training and this role has scope for career progression for the right candidate.
You may currently be working as a sales assistant, sales, administrator, sales executive, sales person, building supplies representative, sales representative, Business Development Manager or sales rep.
This role is commutable from, Blackburn, Burnley, Preston and surrounding areas