Part time Accounts Assistant
Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
Salary: £21,000 - £25,000 pro rata
A great opportunity has arisen for a Part time Accounts Assistant working for a leading retailer specialising in kitchen and appliances; a family run company that can offer a friendly and fun working environment and that understand and appreciate the importance of juggling family and work. They offer 20 days annual leave, a work place pension and discretionary annual bonus and overall this is a lovely place to work!
Working as a direct support to the Accountant this role will be varied and busy and the suitable candidate will have 2-3 years’ experience in an Accounts Assistant or Bookkeeping position with working knowledge of Sage Line 50.
A competitive salary of £21,000 - £25,000 pro rata, 3 x days a week (some flexibility) 9am – 5pm and candidates must have the flexibility to cover holidays when required.
Duties will include:
* Maintain the Purchase ledgers ensuring completeness and accuracy of the information within
* Process bank payments and receipts in Sage
* Processing high volumes of purchase invoices
* Dealing with Purchase orders and delivery notes ensuring accuracy
* Ensure all payments are receipted and applied
* Assist company accountant with the month end and year-end process
* Ensure that all invoices, bank statements, and other financial records are filed and archived regularly
* Set up creditor payment runs
* Ability to work at a fast pace
* Enter all receipts, payments etc & complete bank reconciliation
* Ordering office equipment when asked
* Dealing with supplier’s accounts queries when necessary
* An understanding of CIS and how to process CIS payments, would be a desired but training would be given in this
* Knowledge of Sage Line 50 preferable
* Be proficient in the use Microsoft office suite. They must be an advanced user in Excel and confident with the use of formulas.
* Must have worked in similar accounts position with at least 2-3 experience.
* A qualification in an Accountancy/ Bookkeeping subject would be advantageous. Or qualified by experience.
* Good understanding of the double entry system.
* Must be able to hit the ground running.
* Competence and accuracy are key
* Some flexibility in working hours maybe required in busy periods (normally November) and when covering staff members leave.
Keywords: Accounts, Assistant, Sage Line 50, Bookkeeping, Invoices, Bank reconciliation, Purchase Orders, Payments, Data Entry, CIS, Excel
***For your information***
*Interested? Please send your CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship),
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee***
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation
£10 - £12 Hourly
£18k - £20k Annual
£10 - £10 Hourly
£17k - £23k Annual
£2.8k - £22k Annual
£20k - £22k Annual
£20k - £25k Annual
£10 - £12 Hourly
£18k - £21k Annual