Employee Services Assistant
Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
RDR are recruiting for an Employee Services Assistant to be based in Newcastle. This is a full time permanent role working 09:00 till 17:00 until September 2019. On offer is a competitive hourly wage.
To provide guidance and support to directorates in relation to transaction and organisational activities in relation to Human Resources, Occupational Health, Recruitment and Safeguarding, Payroll and Pensions. Specific operational duties will be allocated by line management on an on-going basis
To ensure that a high quality, accurate, customer focused service is delivered at all times.
To ensure that the information held on IT systems is both accurate and appropriately recorded.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* As an Employee Services Assistant you will maintain and update filing and other systems including computerised systems, BMS, flexi time recording, etc.
* To process employee data for all Council payrolls ensuring accurate and timely input of information, New Starters, Leavers and Changes, which will be reflected in accurate payments to employees.
* Maintenance of all Sickness, Maternity, Paternity and Adoption leave, both statutory and occupational.
* The processing of all temporary input, including the updating of tax codes etc.
* Maintenance of payroll and other related records in accordance with legislation and Council requirements.
* Answer routine and detailed enquiries on payroll matters from employees, service areas and outside organisations and assist with the more complex queries as requested.
* Offer advice on pension matters from a variety of sources including the pension fund administrators, outside organisations and employees.
* Create and maintain pension records in respect of new entrants, terminations and active members of the Local Government, Teachers Pension Scheme, NHS Pension Scheme and of admitted bodies and in relation to additional voluntary contributions;
* Ensure accurate deductions of employee and employer contributions for all pension schemes including both scheduled and admitted bodies;
* Assist in the completion and submission for pensions data to the appropriate pension funds and organisations within statutory deadlines;
* Provide estimates to Human Resources and scheme members in respect of voluntary redundancy schemes and proposed retirements;
* Responding to day to day enquiries from pension administrators and scheme members and provide advice in relation to pensions as appropriate;
* To process all correspondence as appropriate.
* To support Team Leaders in extracting, collating and interpreting data relating to the service.
* Support and deliver project work in relation to the service as appropriate.
Qualifications or Required Experience:
* 5 GCSE’s A* to C or equivalent
* Ability to work to deadlines with a minimum amount of support
* Ability to work as part of a bigger team as well as working on own initiative
* Understanding of the services provided by a transactional HR service
* Good ICT skills
* High level of accuracy
* Excellent attention to detail
* Relevant A Level/HNC or equivalent
* Experience of working in a public sector environment
* Knowledge and experience of HR management systems
* Knowledge of the Council
How to Apply:
Please apply directly for the Employee Services Assistant vacancy.
Due to the high volume of applicants we will not contact unsuccessful applicants at screening process.
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. RDR do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community