Technical Process Engineer
Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
Andover, Hampshire £38,000 to £43,000
An established specialist leader in the design, manufacture and support of a range of cutting-edge illumination systems enabling advances in fluorescence microscopy.
These products are making a difference to people’s lives day in day out and are used in the mass screening of serious diseases, as well as the leading-edge life science research.
Products incorporate a broad range of technologies and processes including electronic, software, optical, and mechanical components.
Continually growing at 25% per year for several years, and due to this continuing stable growth, there is now an exciting opportunity for a Technical Process Engineer to join the team.
We are looking for an individual to understand the manufacturing challenges that the company’s success presents, and champion both automation solutions and lean interventions for existing and new products as the business evolves from a small to medium volume manufacturer.
We are looking for someone with the automation as well as the lean experience to confidently challenge the status quo, but to also bring all colleagues with the process as the company embarks on its lean manufacturing journey.
This is a genuine and exciting opportunity for someone to make a massive impact and transform the way that the company develops its products.
* Working as a key member of Production Engineering developing, documenting and implementing manufacturing and test systems for existing products
* Involvement with New Product Introduction (NPI) projects from early stages to drive Design for: -
* Manufacture, Assembly, Test, Six Sigma
* Continuous improvement of existing manufacturing lines
* Liaising with suppliers to integrate complete solutions
* Design new manufacturing cells
* Implementing a pull system using Kanbans
Skills & Experience:
* Lean manufacturing experience
* Kaizen, Kanban, Value Stream Mapping (VSM), line balancing
* Six Sigma experience ideally at least green belt certified
* Statistical Process Control (SPC)
* Measurement Systems Evaluation (gage R&R)
* Manufacturing cell design
* Jigs & fixtures, Tooling, Poke Yoke mistake proofing
* Manufacturing automation design & development
* Mechatronics, Cobots
* Test systems design & development
* Excel VBA
* SQL Databases
Hours of Work:
* 40 hour per week
* 8.30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
* Flexibility on hours is available
* 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
* Company bonus scheme
* Share incentive plan through the umbrella company of the group
* Company Pension
* 4 x salary death in service benefit
* Private medical cover