Engineering Team Leader
Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
Working alongside the Asset Care Manager as part of our engineering management team, you’ll manage, develop and engage a small team of semi-skilled engineers and skilled engineers to drive the effectiveness of the engineering team in reducing downtime and increasing productivity.
Our bakery sites are highly automated environments and our Engineering teams are keeping us at the cutting edge of innovation and automation.
Here at Enfield, the team are dedicated to continuous improvement opportunities in what is the home of the giant crumpet! We are proud to be leading and developing a team at the heart of the Warburton’s bakery network.
As “Britain’s Best Loved Food Brand” we have been baking bread since 1876. Today we are proudly a fifth-generation family company supplying 18,500 retail customers from 11 bakeries and 15 depots, producing a range of over 70 products including gluten and wheat free. Our family of 4,500 colleagues throughout the UK, have recognised us as number 17 in the Sunday Times Top Best Big Companies’ to work for over a number of years. Family and values are what makes us different and we are a proud bunch. Join us and be proud to be Warburtons.
Our Engineering team are encouraged to foster new ideas and perspectives whilst driving change at a pace; we’re looking for you to make a personal impact, have passion and inspire a team whilst recognising successes and rewarding that along the way. As an Engineering Team Leader you’ll be with us on that journey.
We are proud of our safety record and our Engineers lead by example in all that they do; quality and safety are the values we live by and we’re looking to find that passion in you.
You’ll be supporting the Asset Care Manager to deliver the planned and preventative maintenance with your team. This role is a lead position in a critical area of our Engineering teams and you will be prepared to be hands on and roll your sleeves up. You will train and coach our operations team with autonomous maintenance. Innovation, accountability, strong leadership skills coupled with technical engineering knowledge is essential for the role. Have you got what it takes to join our family?
* Leadership and Team Development skills, high levels of energy and team engagement
* Drive Root Cause Analysis and strive to prevent re-occurrence with counter measures
* Experienced in FMCG Engineering, ideally Food Manufacturing
* Multi-skilled in both electrical and mechanical engineering
* Engineering apprenticeship and associated qualifications such as BTEC ONC, HNC, HND
* CMMS experience and knowledge – preferably SAP
* Basic PLC experience and fault-finding diagnostics (Allen Bradley)
* Ability to deploy and execute the preventative maintenance strategy for the site.
* Driven to deliver solutions, ideas and innovations in a positive and pragmatic way
* Living our culture and values – be part of the Warburtons family
* Passionate about quality and best practice whilst driving continuous improvement
* COSHH & HACCP awareness
* Working knowledge of internal H&S audits and processes
* Available to work 4 days a week, 42 hours in total starting shift at 6am. DAYS ONLY. Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Monday.
* Family time and your time is important to us and we know it will be to you, so we will start you on five weeks holiday
* Ongoing personal development either sponsored or supported
* A slice of the annual profits
* Award winning pension plan
* Life Assurance
* Discount Vouchers / products
* Benefits for you and your family for example; discounted gym membership, child care vouchers, bike to work scheme
£45k - £50k Annual
£41k - £48k Annual
£40k - £45k Annual
£35k - £40k Annual
£25k - £30k Annual
£40k - £43k Annual
£40k - £43k Annual
£21.2 - £21.2 Hourly
£40k - £43.2k Annual
£40k - £45k Annual