Contract Senior Systems Engineer
Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
The systems engineering team manage the requirements definition, implementation, verification, and validation of systems to ensure that the project delivers to cost, quality, and schedule. This is an opportunity to further diversify your career within a progressive, dynamic environment through exposure to ground-breaking technologies and systems. No two days at the company are the same, and you will have the opportunity to develop your systems engineering skills across the whole lifecycle in the underwater warfare and maritime domains.
Senior Systems Engineer Key Responsibilities
* As part of the project System Engineering team you will conduct systems activities on a project and apply sound engineering judgement to ensure tasks are delivered to cost, schedule, and quality requirements.
* Delivering the systems engineering tasks for a project within the allocated budget and timeframe.
* Supporting the project engineering team to develop and deliver a solution that is technically and commercially acceptable.
* Generating, understanding, and reviewing user requirements.
* Performing requirement analysis and flow down to system and sub-system levels.
* Developing and documenting system architecture, design, and acceptance and verification strategies.
* Ensuring that the specification, design, and acceptance information is fully traceable.
* Leading all the activities relating to systems validation and acceptance.
* Providing input to project schedules through regular and clear progress reports.
This is a contract role based near Weymouth and is initially for 6 months. A competitive day rate is offered.
Senior Systems Engineer Requirements
* Hold a relevant bachelor’s or higher degree or have equivalent experience.
* Have significant experience in most of the following areas, with exposure to the others:
* Requirements elicitation and management
* System architecture and design
* System integration and test
* System acceptance, verification, and validation
* In-service support
* Hold or be capable of achieving Security Clearance (SC).
* Have demonstrated the ability to plan and execute systems activities on complex projects.
* Experience in communicating complicated topics clearly and concisely to technical and non-technical audiences.
We are an equal opportunities Recruitment Business and Agency. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Each company within the Planet Equity Group is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you in line with GDPR guidelines. Full details regarding how we hold your data is available within our Privacy Notice accessible at the Planet Forward website