Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
* Ensure a safe working environment with zero recordable injuries in compliance with internal policies and external legislation and efficient operation of the manufacturing shift at the Liverpool site.
* Lead safety huddles, participate in safety meetings and enforce plant safety rules. Participate in safety audits.
* Promotion of a safety culture through near miss reporting and appropriate close out of accident/incident investigations, using the ARC process.
* Ensure a high level of housekeeping is maintained throughout the operations area
* To participate in the preparation of the annual operating budget and other business objectives as required.
* Understanding of company P&L - Ensure departmental spend is within budgeted limits.
* To lead and support the shift supervisors to ensure that operational excellence for the 5 key focus areas is embedded within the organization.
* Hire, train, evaluate performance, monitor holidays and absence and determine disciplinary action when necessary.
* Ensure resources and personnel are available and allocated to meet operational demand.
* To lead and promote a teamwork culture throughout the area, utilising opportunities to empower employees through delegation and accountability for actions.
* To chair team meetings as appropriate.
* Manage and support the interaction with the Trade Union as and when required, ensuring an effective relationship is maintained.
* Chair and provide support in any disciplinary and grievance proceedings when required.
* Manage the performance and provide support for the Online Supervisors.
* Provide ongoing development opportunities for the teams within the Operations area.
* Chair or participate in meetings where appropriate in the Operation Managers absence.
* Ensure the employees are suitably trained to manufacture high performance coatings to SOP's, meeting and exceeding key performance targets.
* To identify areas within the production process that can be continuously improved.
* To ensure that service KPI's are met and exceeded through high levels of plan adherence, and ensuring flexibility in the operation to meet market demands.
* Provide effective cover for shift managers and online supervisors as and when required.
* Develop, analyze and review a variety of operational reports across the functions to improve quality, efficiency, cycle times, volumes and implement operational changes as required.
* Assist in the design and installation of plant equipment and equipment upgrades to ensure or improve product quality, productivity and production capability.
* Responsibility for shift productivity and throughput.
* Responsibility for performance metrics (OEE, Throughput etc.)
* Ideally qualified to degree level or equivalent.
* Experience in managing in an Operations environment.
* A working knowledge of lean manufacturing.
Personal Qualities and Behaviours:
* An effective communicator across all levels, with above average written and verbal skill.
* A track record of successfully leading teams within an Operations environment.
* A proven track record of managing change within a diverse environment.
* A strong customer focus, both internal and external.
* A strong focus on continuous improvement and their associated activities.
* A hands on approach and attitude.
* Positive and professional attitude with a high standard of work ethics.
* An advocate of team work, and building and managing relationships.
This is a shift pattern of 6am-2pm and 2pm-10pm
£30k - £30k Annual
£38k - £41k Annual
£32.2k - £32.2k Annual
£30k - £30k Annual
£36k - £38k Annual
£45k - £50k Annual
£40k - £50k Annual
£35k - £35k Annual