Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
We’re on a mission to make Engineering the first thing that springs to mind when you think of Ocado. We’re trailblazing when it comes to robotics and automated logistics solutions and with our rapid company growth, now’s the time to join us and be part of the ‘Ocado Revolution’.
We now operate across 3 continents, have partnered with multiple retailers (with plans for more) and are working on building new state of the art Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) across the globe, as well as designing and manufacturing everything that goes inside them. This all starts with our Product Development team, which is where you come in.
We’re now looking for a Technical Author to join us at our engineering office in Welwyn Garden City. In this position, you’ll be responsible for producing and editing documentation to support the design, launch and operation of a wide range of electro-mechanical equipment.
The more we grow as a business, the more products we design and manufacture, so this role is integral in making sure processes and documents are produced and communicated in the optimum format/media - which could include by print, online media, content on tablets/mobile devices, or even videos/animations.
This role is a fantastic opportunity - as well as being extremely involved with our innovative electro-mechanical automated products, it will also give you exposure to a variety of other teams within Product Development.
What you can expect to be doing:
* Analysing complex electro-mechanical systems and synthesise documents and processes in clear English
* Writing engineering documents - e.g. technical requirements, functional design specifications, interface control documents, process charts, mechanical flow diagrams, manufacturing process documents, packaging and transportation specifications, factory acceptance tests, commissioning guides and site acceptance tests
* Writing end-user documents - e.g. installation guides, operation and maintenance manuals, fault analysis trees, repair procedures, spare parts catalogues
* Writing training material
* Delivering technically accurate and aesthetically satisfactory documents
* Adhering to project defined milestones
Skills/qualifications we need to see:
* Technical background in electro-mechanical engineering
* Practical experience of the maintenance and operation of equipment
* Ability to write technical descriptions in non-technical language
* HNC/Degree or equivalent in technology related discipline
* Previous experience of writing Systems Engineering documents such as: Requirements, Functional Specification, Technical Specifications / Basis of Design
Skills/experience that would be nice to have:
* Knowledge of authoring systems to produce media independent output
* Knowledge of embedded control systems
* Knowledge of safety related requirements and standards
* Ability to produce and edit Illustrations and diagrams
* Knowledge of translation processes
* Knowledge of other European language
* Knowledge of ENO and ISO design standards, European design directives and CE Technical File requirements.
* Membership of ISTC
* Creation of video “YouTube” type clips
* Inclusion of embedded animations
* Experience of linking CAD systems to user documentation
* Experience of EDMS and CMS systems to manage control and distribution of documentation
* Knowledge of Intelligent documentation
Want to know more about us?
* Have a click around our dedicated Ocado Engineering website for info on the different departments that make up the Engineering function; what we do, what we’re trying to achieve, how we’re planning to get there and the key people involved that you could be working alongside.
* Why not also give our LinkedIn page a follow so you can keep up to date?
* If YouTube is more up your street, Ocado Engineering has its own channel - take some time out to watch our innovative products in action and hear our people talking about what we do and why you should join us.
If you need more convincing, here’s (some of) what we can offer you:
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Shares
- Opportunity to participate in Sharesave and Buy as You Earn schemes
- Discounted shopping on Ocado. com, Smart Pass and destination sites
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.
£45k - £55k Annual
£35k - £40k Annual
£25k - £32k Annual
£45k - £55k Annual
£35k - £40k Annual
£300 - £300 Daily
£24k - £33k Annual
£200 - £280 Annual