Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
The Thermal Engineers provide key design inputs to the electronics hardware team, and are also very involved in the verification stages of product development, as well as providing on-going support to the design teams in all three countries and to the UK production team.
Among the engineer's responsibilities are the following:
* Designing, developing and testing thermal solutions for both convection and conduction cooled products.
* Liaising with the hardware and PCB design engineers to agree optimal layout and construction of the boards.
* Simulating and analysing thermal performance of the products, and implementing any necessary corrections.
* Thermal and mechanical testing of new products and components.
* Developing and improving our mechanical and thermal design procedures and practises.
* Maintaining awareness of new technologies.
Candidates should ideally be engineering graduates in a relevant discipline - previous design and analysis experience in an industrial environment is not required. They must be able to demonstrate an ability to learn quickly and should ideally be familiar with some or all of the following:
* An understanding of the principles behind designing thermal solutions for both convection cooled and conduction cooled electronic products.
* Thermal simulation using Flotherm or Flotherm XT or similar product.
* Analysis of thermal characteristics at component level in excess of 40W, and at board level in excess of 60W.
* Mechanical design skills, ideally using SolidWorks, for creating or at least modifying solid model designs for heat sinks and other items.
* Following a thermal design process.
* An appreciation of general production machining processes.organisation with a varied project workload and excellent scope for progression.
For more information on this position, please contact Just Recruitment Group Ltd on telephone (phone number removed) quoting job reference (phone number removed).
Please note that if you have not been contacted within 7 days, your application for this position has been unsuccessful
£25k - £28k Annual
£20k - £28k Annual
£30k - £40k Annual
£32k - £40k Annual