Payroll Team Leader
Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
As one of our Payroll Team Leaders, you will be responsible for managing a small team of Payroll Specialists & Consultants whose collective goal is to process the bureaus client’s payrolls, ensuring all deadlines are met while maintaining the department's quality KPI’s.
You will also be responsible for taking on new clients, scheduling the team’s workload and delivering excellent customer service for all clients.
What will you be doing?
Build, develop and motivate your team through outstanding leadership, inspiring individuals to maximize their performance while dealing honestly with poor performance
* Regularly coach individual team members and set PDP’s to help in areas where performance improvement has been identified
* Manage daily/weekly/monthly KPIs
* Monitor team and individual productivity to ensure that service level agreements (SLAs) are maintained
* Ensure that the agreed quality targets are being met
* Be involved in the recruitment process for all new team members
* Promote team building and form good relationships with other areas of the business
* Conduct performance reviews and sets objectives that tie in with the departmental goals
* Manage time effectively and meet agreed deadlines
* Show excellent commercial awareness and understand all the aspects of the payroll cycle
* Act as point of escalation for team concerns/customer complaints/issues to be fed back to the Senior Bureau Manager/ Bureau Manager
* Produce management reports to show performance of departmental KPIs
* Ensure monthly capacity and schedules are adhered to; schedule work daily/weekly/monthly, allocate work daily/weekly/monthly, monitor work progress
* Ensure yours, and your team members, client payrolls are processed accurately and on time
* Dealing with any client payroll questions or queries
* Feedback any ideas on how we can improve our product, procedures and processes
What skills and experience do you need to have?
* GCSE Maths and English or equivalent
* Payroll Qualification advantageous
* Minimum of 3 to 5 years of payroll processing experience from start to finish
* Knowledge of PAYE and Auto enrolment legislation
* Payroll related benefits administration which includes BACS, HMRC and Pension reconciliations
* Proven customer service skills while maintaining a confidential work environment
* Proficient in Excel, Word and Outlook
* Have knowledge and experience of using computer based payroll packages
* Be highly numerate and able to work to a high degree of accuracy
* Good communication skills (written and oral) with a strong customer focus
* A committed team player, detail oriented and an effective communicator
Who are we?
IRIS Software Group is the UK's largest provider of business-critical software and services to the UK accountancy and payroll sectors. Our solutions are delivered as a choice of integrated on-premise software and cloud-based applications. We serve over 21,000 Accountancy Practices and more than 80,000 SMEs, corporates, and payroll bureaus across a wide range of industry sectors.
Why you should apply...
At IRIS, we believe in creating a culture of engagement and reward to develop employee potential and offer long-term career success. To help with that, we offer the following:
Generous holiday allowance
Private medical healthcare
Competitive salary and bonus scheme
Additional benefits, such as Bike to Work, Childcare Vouchers and discount schemes.
What's more, you'll be joining a friendly, energetic and high-performing team at our One City West office near to the Elland Road stadium near Leeds... so if you're interested in being part of this, click on the 'Apply’ button at the top of this page
£25k - £25k Annual
£25k - £28k Annual
£35k - £40k Annual
£26k - £30k Annual
£10 - £12 Hourly