Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
P6 Planner - Leeds
A leading civil engineering and construction company mainly operating within the water industry. Successfully working alongside companies such as; National Grid, Rolls Royce, Yorkshire Water, Welsh Water, Severn Trent Water, Environment Agency, United Utilities and the Coal authority has allowed us to progress as a leader in the construction and civil engineering sectors
A great opportunity for an experienced Planner to work on a Primavera P6 Programme on a full time basis in Leeds.
As a P6 Planner you will be responsible for:
* Provide robust challenge to the delivery team in relation to project performance
* Ensure planning practices and standards are consistent across each individual project
* Lead the Plan for Stage process including development of robust delivery plans and understand constraints and sequences
* Provide intelligence on project delivery to facilitate better decision making
* Production of the required project reports including identification of project risks and opportunities
* Responsible for the implementation of Alliance planning policies and procedures as defined by the Planning Manager
* Responsible for the production and look ahead meeting/process to ensure it is robustly and consistently applied across all projects
* Using a collaborative approach, create and maintain robust resource & cost loaded plans for all projects in the programme
* Pro-actively produce what if scenarios to identify delivery improvement opportunities or the development of mitigation plans
* Resource load plans in collaboration with the lead disciplines to provide programme wide visibility of resource demand
* Ensure the importance of the critical path activities and the sensitivity of other activities are communicated to the relevant stakeholders and these are being acted on by the delivery team
The ideal candidate will have the following experience / qualifications:
* Primavera P6 experience is essential. Microsoft Project would be desirable but not essential.
* Appropriate Degree (desirable) / HNC (minimum).
* CSCS card required.
* Extensive industry experience in Civil Engineering and Infrastructure
* Ability to communicate the planning strategy for a complex programme to the wider team to ensure accuracy of information.
* Experience of working within a collaborative environment.
* Knowledge of Project Controls including earned value and schedule risk analysis.
* Other software Microsoft applications including Excel, PowerPoint, Word is desirable
Full driving license is essential.
* Company car or Car Allowance
* Pension scheme matched
* Health Care
* Child Care
* 26 days’ holiday – extra unpaid available
* Company phone and laptop
* Bi-annual bonus
If you would like any more information and would like to discuss further please don't hesitate in contacting James Dawson – Director – on (phone number removed) / (phone number removed)
£300 - £400 Daily
£300 - £370 Daily
£450 - £0 Daily
£350 - £400 Daily
£30k - £42k Annual