Support Team Lead – Windows Environments
Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
c£50,000 per annum Plus Benefits
With over 120,000 members in 140 countries, the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) has been at the heart of the mechanical engineering profession since 1847.
Working with some of the latest and most cutting-edge technologies, we’re Agile in our approach and embrace modern IT practices and thinking to deliver an outstanding IT estate to our members and more than 200 users.
Modern mechanical engineering works hand-in-hand with methodologies such as automation and AI to produce some of the most exciting technical advances this century making this an exciting time to be part of our organisation.
We are currently seeking a Support Team Lead to provide third line support and expertise to our organisation and lead the Service Desk Team.
As a Support Team Lead, you will:
- Provide third line support to server environments, networks, virtualisation, SAN storage and cloud platforms
- Support approximately 200 staff using the IMechE Windows environment
- Take the lead in administering, supporting, configuring and maintaining IMechE Microsoft tech and platforms
- Oversee VMware, HyperV and Azure virtualisation platforms
- Manage the network infrastructure including LAN, WAN and WLAN
- Seek opportunities to drive greater value from the technical estate
- Monitor and maintain the infrastructure environment
- Investigate operational problems and seek to make improvements and implement fixes where appropriate
- Act as the escalation point for the Service Desk
- Drive quality and service standards within the Service Desk
Interested? To be considered as the Support Team Lead, you will need:
- Experience of providing third line support to a Microsoft Windows-based estate
- The ability to manage and liaise with external suppliers to support IT systems and internal colleagues through appropriate escalation route
- The ability and willingness to occasionally work outside regular office hours, as required
- Proven communication skills, both written and verbal
You will also need expert level knowledge of the following Microsoft technologies:
- Office 365 including SharePoint, Yammer and Teams
- Azure IaaS and PaaS
- Active Directory and Group Policy, both on-prem and Cloud
- Window Server 2003 to 2016
- Exchange Online
- SQL Servers 2005 to 2016
- Windows 10 OS environments – configuration, troubleshooting, customisation, golden image build, knowledge of various mass deployment practices and understanding the impact of Windows 10 release channels
- Mitel PBX
Additionally, you will need experience of administration, configuration and support within the following key areas:
- Cloud platforms
Other organisations may call this role Desktop Support Team Manager, Service Desk Team Lead, Helpdesk Manager, IT Helpdesk Manager, or IT Support Manager.
This role would also be suitable for those who have been a 3rd Line Support Engineer, Microsoft Certified Engineer, 3rd Line Microsoft OS Engineer, or a Senior Microsoft Support Engineer and are looking for their next step.
- Salary of circa £50,000
- 26 days’ holiday pro-rata plus Bank Holidays
- An extra day off for your birthday
- Benefits including stakeholder pension scheme, life assurance and private health cover
- Continuous training and development opportunities
- A range of wellbeing benefits to encourage a healthy work/life balance
- The chance to step into a management role
- Work with outstanding technologies within an Agile environment
Interviews will be held on an ad-hoc basis as suitable applicants apply. An immediate start is available for the right candidate.
Thank you for your interest in this post. We look forward to receiving your application.
Webrecruit and the Institution of Mechanical Engineers are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
To apply for the role of Support Team Lead, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency