Machine operator (batch production)
Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a well established company in Stonehouse on a permanent basis. This is a day shift opportunity.
Salary depends on experience.
* Operate various manual and CNC production machines and some manual hand operations.
* Responsible for their own quality inspection during the production run.
* Apprentice trained, or previous engineering experience preferred but not required as training will be given.
* Knowledge and experience operating CNC production machines including millers and grinders, any setting or programming experience would be an advantage but not required as your job would be high production producing.
* Be proficient in the use of measuring equipment (Vernier’s, Micrometres etc) and be able to work from a standard operating procedure
* Driven individual, willing to push for the highest output with the best quality,
* Good time keeper.
* Able to work well as a team player and an individual.
* Good communication skills
* Positive attitude
* Good work ethic
* Willing to learn
Key Responsibilities and Accountability (Includes, but not limited to the following)
* Competent in cleaning and organising your work area as start-up procedures and end of day procedures are a required duty.
* Self-monitoring output through hourly boards along with internal SAP scanning system
* Preforming preventative maintenance, daily safety audits and more .
* Manufacturing components using various production methods as detailed by the company
* Ensuring Daily / Weekly Production Targets are achieved / exceeded
* Participating in continuous improvements via lean and Kaizen initiatives
* Communication of shortages and stock discrepancies to Team Leader accurately and in a timely manner
* Generating appropriate documentation for all material movements
* Ensuring products are manufactured to the Quality standard set by the company
* Communicate timely and successfully with all departments
* Checking job paperwork for accuracy
* Ensuring an efficient, tidy, clean and safe working environment in the Cell
* Co-operation with colleagues to support the business needs
* Ensuring Raw Material and Consumable Tool issues are maintained and accurate
Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by Line Management within the time frame specified in a safe and efficient manner to meet business requirements, provided the instruction is reasonable and you are capable and deemed competent to fulfill these