System Design Engineer for Command & Control Subsystems
Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an engineer to join the teams responsible for the design and delivery of the Command and Control sub-systems for either maritime or land air defence weapon systems in development. These systems are in development for the UK armed forces and export customers.
Two roles: one for land C2 programmes and one for maritime C2 programmes. Activities of either role could include:
- Contributing to the definition of the C2 architecture and its functional definition and the specification of the software requirements.
- Designing test scenarios, jointly with the software development team, for software proving and assessment of results for compliance and completeness of proving evidence.
- Investigations into a full range of problems or developments as a member of a project team.
- Supporting the preparation of sub-system safety cases.
- Preparation of evidence to support verification/validation and qualification of the sub-systems leading to the preparation of design certificates.
What’s in it for you?
- Working on flagship programmes for MBDA with a chance to develop experience across the project lifecycle.
- Through the role you will gain a deep technical understanding subsystem design activities, focused on C2 subsystems, including hardware and software, and working with many other areas of the company.
- Opportunity to interact with colleagues from MBDA France and Italy.
- Working on real projects in development that will go into service with the UK armed forces and approved export customers.
- Join established teams and be well supported as you gain domain experience in the role.
- Excellent training opportunities in a broad range of relevant subjects; achieved through formal training courses and/or on-the-job training.
- Be on a career path that can lead to Department Head or Chief Engineer in MBDA.
What’s great about the team?
- You will be joining a focussed team responsible for the development of the significant subsystems within new weapon systems which are critical to the UK Armed Forces.
- New challenges will arise frequently that will demand generation of technical opportunities and agreeing the way forward to maintain the project pace.
- Have ready access to in-house experts to supplement knowledge.
- Interaction within a multi-national functional and/or project team with individual national identities but a common operational goal.
What are we looking for?
- Ideally Engineering degree or equivalent .
- Sound understanding of system engineering processes (e.g. specification, verification, validation, and integration).
- Ability to work to deadlines under programme and cost pressures.
- Ability to work on own initiative when required but also able to work with others from various disciplines to reach a consensus agreement.
- Good communication skill.
- Desirable knowledge of Rhapsody and SySML.
- Desirable knowledge of DOORS for requirement management, tracking and mapping certification evidence.
- Desirable to have experience in software and/or hardware design and development programmes.
What would you get?
- Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please Note: MBDA UK require all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)