Service Desk Engineer
Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
To act as an IT Service Desk Analyst in the best interests of the Company. Delivering first line technical support to a user base of over 5,000 staff. Providing analysis, diagnosis, escalation and resolution of customers’ IT issues. Carrying out customer requests for new IT hardware, software and access.
Main duties - IT Service Desk Analyst
* Act as a single point of contact for phone calls, emails and self-service tickets from internal staff regarding all level 1 IT issues, queries and requests.
* Troubleshooting of IT-related problems from in-house software to hardware, such as mobiles,
* Laptops, PCs, thin-clients and Printers.
* Work to the achievement of established Key Performance Indicator targets (such as Average Speed of Answer and First Contact Resolution).
* Escalate unresolved calls to the relevant support teams.
* Log all calls in the Service Desk Call ITSM tool (Remedy 8.1).
* Take ownership of user issues and follow up the status on behalf of the user and communicate progress in a timely manner.
* Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles.
* Publishing support documentation to assist staff with requests for information.
* Arrangement of external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in-house
Knowledge/Skills/Experience - IT Service Desk Analyst
IT Service Desk and/or Call Centre experience required – specifically supporting users remotely.
Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
Excellent organisational and troubleshooting skills
Active Directory: creating user accounts, resetting passwords, creating groups etc.
Microsoft Exchange 2010 administration: creating shared mailboxes, distribution lists and amending permissions.
Strong knowledge of Microsoft-based operating systems with emphasis on Windows 7 and Office 2010
Experience with using and troubleshooting Outlook 2010 within a network environment (including but not limited to permissions, calendar sharing & delegation)
Mobile support via Mobile Iron.
Experience of ICT System support and Data Security
Experience of Installing, Configuring and Upgrading ICT Software
Awareness of ICT Repair and Fault Diagnosis Procedure (IT RFDP)
ITIL V3 accreditation
MCP, MCSA or MCSE qualifications
Supporting Cisco UCCE platform
Troubleshoot network issues
Citrix knowledge, Xen App, Receiver.
SCCM administration and support
Telephony / Voice administration and support (Cisco Unified CM)
Managing and supporting TCP/IP – printing
Knowledge and experience working with BMC Remedy.
Other relevant technical experience.
£27k - £35k Annual
£0 - £0 Annual
£20k - £28k Annual
£26k - £30k Annual
£0 - £0 Annual
£20k - £25k Annual
£20k - £20k Annual
£107 - £35k Annual