Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
Production Manager is a senior management position within a developing and fast growing company operating in a very competitive market place, where production efficiency and quality assurance are vital. Reporting to the General Manager, the role involves overall responsibility for the Production function of the business with specific responsibility for the following:
* Managing and motivating a team of 80-120 production staff. This includes recruitment of necessary staff and handling any disciplinary matters that may arise in accordance with the company’s disciplinary and grievance procedures.
* Production planning throughout the year, in a highly seasonal business where turnover can double from the quiet periods in Jan/Feb to the peak in August. This will include a 2 and possibly 3-shift system if required.
* Day-to-day running of production operation, in conjunction with Shift Supervisors to ensure that all orders are met.
* Responsibility for quality control.
* Ongoing development and where applicable improvements to the production system.
* Monitoring and achieving agreed productivity budgets covering areas such as staff wages and utility costs.
* Ensuring that the company’s Health & Safety Policy is adhered to and that the highest standards of health & safety are maintained throughout the production operation.
* In conjunction with Maintenance Team working to ensure that the company maintenance programme as adhered to and that all machinery is maintained in optimum working order.
* Working with Sales and Customer Services staff to ensure that customer concerns are dealt with speedily and appropriately.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
* Clear understanding and application of relevant Health and Safety and HR legislation and practices
* Operational management experience within a manufacturing/Process / laundry environment delivering excellent quality on time in full to customer requirements
* Proven record of improving processes and efficiencies in a KPI driven environment
* Working successfully to tight deadlines with other key departments eg transport, engineering and customer services
* Excellent problem solving, planning, budgeting and communication skills.
* The ability to motivate and lead a team within a cross-cultural operational environment.
* Commitment and resilience
The role will require you to work flexible hours over a five day week, and is likely to include some evenings and weekends. As part of a growing PLC there are many long term career opportunities. The salary range for the role is £35k to £37k dependent on experience.
To apply for this role please send your CV via the CV Library link or call Phil Bremner on the number provided below and Phil will give you more information on the role and the company
£25k - £30k Annual
£35k - £35k Annual
£40k - £45k Annual
£45k - £55k Annual
£42k - £42k Annual
£35k - £45k Annual
£30k - £30k Annual