AAT Practice Accountant
Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
Salary £22 -24,000 subject to experience and skills
Value Added Accountancy Ltd provides a friendly and relaxed, yet highly professional Midlands Accountancy service. Our strengths lie in our ability to go the extra mile, we are not here purely to complete the formalities of complying with tax law and HMRC regulations. We take great pride, just like you in seeing your business do well, that is why we constantly strive to offer excellent advice and support in a range of areas. We add value to a process that is often seen as a necessary consequence of owning a business.
We are a Midlands Accountants firm and currently consist of three directors. All three directors are professionally qualified providing assistance across the Midlands and beyond. The business has been operating for over 10 years. The growth is largely due to the referrals given by delighted clients, as a direct result of the excellent accountancy services we provide for them.
We now seek an experienced and self-motivated Practice Accountant to join our growing team reporting directly to the Partners.
You will have the chance to develop a broad range of skills in accounts, tax and cloud technologies. In return for your commitment and work you will be rewarded with a relaxed office environment where we aim to be flexible, as well as opportunities for career development within the practice.
* Responsibility for the VAT compliance process for both sole trader & limited companies including; setup of VAT registrations, preparation and submission, and following up with any client or HMRC queries.
* Completion of limited and sole trader year end accounts up to final review stage to include reconciliation, query resolution with client as required.
* Point of contact for clients including dealing with calls and messages and also clients who come into the office.
* Dealing with the wide range of ad hoc requests from clients including requests for SA302s, pay documents etc.
* Overseeing junior members of staff in their general workload and their career development.
* Monitoring and ensuring deadlines are met across the team (e.g. companies’ house filings, VAT returns etc.).
* Calculations for monthly CIS returns.
* Visits out to clients as required, to update their bookkeeping records (note it is anticipated no more than 5% of time).
* Completion of accountant certificates in respect of mortgage applications.
The Ideal Practice Accountant:
* Must be AAT Qualified minimum.
* Must have minimum 2 years accountancy experience.
* Strong customer service skills and teamwork vital.
If you feel you’re the ideal candidate our client is looking for, then click the APPLY button today!
Keywords: Qualified Practice Accountant, Accountant, Practice Accountant, ACCA, ICAEW, Accountancy, Banking, Finance, Financial Control, Bookkeeping, Bookkeeper, Senior Accountant, Senior Accounts, Senior