Payroll Manager (18 months Interim)
Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
- Lead, manage and motivate the payroll team, creating an enabling and engaging environment, setting objectives and carrying out appraisals.
- Ensure all payrolls are processed on a timely and accurate basis and all new starters and leavers are processed correctly.
- Work with other parts of the business as required to integrate new acquisitions, and migrate any inherited payrolls onto our payroll system.
- Complete all required tax year end reporting and associated submissions and reports.
- Maintain and improve payroll policies and processes, ensuring at all times compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. Review internal controls and ensure robust and appropriate for scale and scope of our operations.
- Provide reporting on a regular basis as required by Finance, HR and other operational teams.
- Deal with queries on payroll related matters from staff at all levels, where appropriate identify and lead the changes required to resolve issues.
This is an 18 month contract that they are looking to start ASAP.
In addition the business are in the process of selecting a new ERP system across their payroll function and this role will therefore be part of the selection and implementation team. Working closely with the internal project team and the software providers you will assist with managing the process to agreed deadlines which will include managing data preparation, user testing, manage data migration and query resolution. On completion you will also assist with the continued flow of information and documentation and assist with team training.
This is a busy, high profile role and therefore requires someone with extensive payroll experience, exposure to an ERP implementation and solid background of managing a team.
If you feel you have the experience and personality to suit this role please contact Faith Collins. Please note this is an 18 month contract and is highly unlikely to go permanent.
Sewell Wallis acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. As part of our recruitment process, we will retain your CV for a period of one year to enable us to consider you for future roles. After this period your CV will be deleted