Electrical Worldwide Service Engineer
Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
Responsible for the complete life cycle of manufactured products from site assembly & test, installation, commissioning, repair and maintenance of Complete Marine Handling Solutions located worldwide. This role involves extensive travel offshore anywhere from 2 days up to 8 weeks per trip. The successful candidate must have a strong Electrical / Controls / PLC background.
Ideally the successful candidate will hold all the necessary offshore certificates i.e. BOSIET, MIST, Offshore Medical, however full offshore training would be provided for the right candidate along with product training which would be for the first 6 months in Telford. Ideally you will be in commuting distance of Telford during the working week.
When on site you will benefit from a CIRCA ?30k basic + use of a company van, Laptop and mobile phone but once working offshore you will qualify for allowances so potential earnings will rise to an OTE ?50k +
- The Service Engineer will be responsible for the service, maintenance, installation and repair of Electrical / PLC systems.
- Attend breakdowns and undertake fault finding.
- Identifying faults and repairing products to enable 'Set to work'.
- Liaise with customers and ensure that they are up to date on progress.
- Report back to Service Manager via telephone or computer and keep informed with the progress.
- You will also be required to use a wide variety of testing equipment like Load Cells.
- Advise customers on best possible solutions to ensure that all Equipment is working to the best of its ability.
- You will be required to complete reports on the 'Scope of works' carried out.
- It is envisaged that the successful candidate will have a strong multi skilled background within Electrical / PLC, be able to fault-find and modify PLC Programmes at customer sites; knowledge of one or two PLC suppliers is expected and further training on others will be given.
- Ideally from a Time served apprenticeship.
- Ability to fault find electrical / PLC issues.
- Fully conversant with mechanical drawings, including Electrical / PLC Schematic.
- Flexible attitude - extensive travel worldwide.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to use own initiative.
- Excellent problem solving.
- Able to work and remain calm under pressure.
- OTE ?50k + with off-shore allowances, circa ?30k basic annual salary.
- 33 days holiday including all statutory and public holidays.
- Company Van use, Overseas / Overtime Allowance plus mobile, laptop, tools and test equipment.
- Monday - Thursday 8.00am-4.45pm, Friday 8am- 12.00pm.
- Opportunity to join a very reputable company. Manufacturing Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions. We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step!! We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help