Principal Support Engineer
Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
An opportunity has arisen for a Support Engineer to join the Customer Support & Services (CSS) organisation responsible for the delivery of In-Service Support (ISS) for one of MBDA’s missiles /systems. Based at Stevenage and co-located with the relevant development Sector, you will report to the Product Support Manager and work as an integrated member of the Project Team. You will provide engineering support to a range of multinational ISS activities, including technical liaison with Customers and key Suppliers.
- Close support to the Product Support Manager in the co-ordination and delivery of ISS activities, including any Surveillance & Life Extension programme, Post-Design Services, Firing Trials Support, and Repair Services.
- In co-ordination with MEP, the provision of technical liaison with the Equipment Supply Chain, requiring periodic UK & European travel, to ensure its timely and effective engagement in the delivery of ISS activities.
- Support to the development of future product strategy, including an integrated approach to Fleet & Life Management, the establishment of Follow-On ISS arrangements, and planning for Mid-Life Re-Life.
- Technical liaison with the Product Design Authority team to support the development of the CSS Support Authority capability.
- Development and maintenance of effective relationships with both key external stakeholders (Customers, Users & Supply Chain) and key internal stakeholders (Design Authority, Manufacturing, B&P, MEP, Commercial, and wider CSS Group).
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic and challenging business environment.
- Exposure to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders and the opportunity to develop an appreciation of the wider through-life dynamics of product support.
- Opportunity to build a personal reputation for effective project delivery and a strong foundation for further career development in Engineering and Product Support Management.
What’s great about the team?
- You will be part of a CSS Team integrated within the multi-functional Sector to deliver the Product In-Service Support Phase On Time, On Cost & On Quality (OTOCOQ), whilst at the same maintaining and enhancing MBDA’s reputation.
- You will interface directly with the Customer and End User communities as well as with key Suppliers.
- You will be part of the wider transnational CSS organisation with an opportunity to contribute to the continued development of the delivery of the Product ISS Phase.
What are we looking for?
- A self-motivated, team player who has a willing, helpful attitude and a calm professional manner when working in an often complex and dynamic business environment.
- Engineering background with a technical degree or previous related experience in the product support environment.
- A concern for Customer Satisfaction and an appreciation of the wider business environment.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing requirements and priorities and to respond quickly to technical issues, ensuring appropriate measures are taken to resolve them.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to build positive and trusting relationships with internal and external stakeholders in a multinational environment.
- Well-developed verbal and written reporting skills and competency in standard Microsoft tools (Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project).
- Willing to travel in Europe and within the UK.
- European language skills would be beneficial but not essential.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities
you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)