Graduate Civil Structural Engineer
Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
Westray Recruitment Consultants is looking tom recruit a Graduate Civil Structural Engineer on a permanent contract for our client based in Northamptonshire. The Company`s principal focus is the design, manufacture, and operation of specialist equipment and temporary works for the construction of bridges, buildings, offshore structures, refineries, power stations and industrial plants.
The business is a dynamic, technology-driven company who encourage their employees to interact, innovate and develop within a supportive, close-knit environment. For graduate engineers who have not attained Chartered status, they operate graduate training schemes which are approved by the ICE and by the IMechE To strengthen the engineering team in the North East. They require an enthusiastic graduate civil/structural engineer who is keen to develop their career in this area of the construction industry. The successful candidate will be part of a team involved in the conceptual and detailed design of construction engineering schemes, specialist equipment, and temporary works.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE?
· The successful candidate will be supervised and mentored by our senior engineers in a friendly teamwork environment in the following;
· Conceptual and detailed design of construction methods and temporary structures, predominantly in steel to Eurocode standards.
· Static analysis of structures using structural analysis (FEA) computer programs (STAAD Pro and LUSAS)
· Preparation of detailed calculations using Microsoft Excel.
· Development of standard spreadsheet solutions suitable for use with Microsoft Excel as required.
· Preparation of sketches and drawings both by hand and use of Autodesk AutoCad and/or Inventor.
· Work closely with CAD team colleagues to produce 3-D models, GA and manufacturing drawings. Preparation of technical documentation including project design statements, designer`s risk assessments and engineering method statements.
WHAT EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS ARE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION?
BEng minimum or MEng Degree in Civil (structures option) or Structural engineering (Grade 2:1 or 1) Good general IT skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, E-mail systems etc).
Good problem solving, presentation and communications (written and verbal) skills.
Some experience in analysis and design of steel structures, including bolted and welded connections. Knowledge of design to Eurocodes, especially EC3.
Some experience in design of temporary works, particularly related to heavy lifting and moving projects.
WHAT ARE THE FINER DETAILS OF YOUR ROLE?
This is a permanent contract working 7:45am - 4:15pm Monday to Thursday and 7:45am -12:45pm Friday
WHAT SALARY PACKAGE YOU WILL BE RECEIVING
The salary for this role is circa £28K - £30K per annum. The role comes with 23 days holiday plus statutory as standard rising to 24 after 3 years` service and 25 following 5 years` service. The role also comes with a matched pension scheme.
FANCY A CHAT?
Please apply for this position and your CV will go directly to our Engineering Consultant Matthew Hickford who is leading the search. Alternatively, if you have any questions, please get in touch with Matthew on (phone number removed) or via email at (Email Removed)
£28k - £30k Annual
£20k - £25k Annual
£20k - £25k Annual
£28k - £33k Annual