Backend Developer (PHP) -Gaming - Relocation Package
Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
Sick of the Dublin lifestyle and want to live in Paradise.
What will you be doing?
As a Backend Developer, you will be working in our in-house projects: designing features, writing code, reviewing colleagues, solving problems, tracking down bugs and delivering stable and well written solutions. There is a high demand for new features and projects, which we all work passionate as a team to balance with proper maintenance for our legacy code while we work on new projects. This require our developers to be versatile, display ownership qualities and be enthusiastic taking on technical challenges and new problems across the full-stack as we continue to build our platform.
Our backend is powered by a LEMP stack, GraphQL and we rely on Vue.js for the frontend, but we also work with Laravel, LXC, Redis, Cassandra, ElasticSearch and Hadoop to mention a few of the technologies we use. As new technologies appear, we are curious and open to add them to our stack as we see them benefitting our platform.
You will be mainly responsible for:
* Do functional requirements analysis, design and develop new feature
* Write high quality code and documentation
* Maintain and improve code in multiple projects including legacy code
* Work closely with other developers, QA and the product team
* Apply analytical skills and be committed to quality
* Help track requests, issues, work progress and general changes to our platform
* Provide estimates and technical documentation on request
* Be sensitive to the performance, reliability and maintainability of your code
* Manage individual project priorities, deadline and deliverables
* Work in collaboration with external partners when required
Who are you?
* Experience in a comparable software development role, and you master PHP as programming language
* Proven Laravel experience would be considered as an advantage
* Good knowledge on REST or GraphQL web services
* Aware of the challenges when working on scalable and high-performant applications
* Proficiency with development in Linux environments
* Ability to document proficiently and write test case
What we offer:
Apart from our vibrant and sunny offices and smashing team, here is what we offer you:
* Competitive salary
* Annual fitness allowance
* Daily fresh fruit
* Breakfast Wednesdays
* Private Health insurance
* Quarterly company and team events
* VIP tickets to many local events and festivals showcasing world class DJ’s
* Learning and development benefit
* Corporate VIP discount scheme
* Transport home for those working a late shift
* Relocation Package (1-way ticket to Malta + 2 weeks accommodation)