Design Automation Developer - £40,000 +bens & bonus - Edinburgh
Posted on Aug 1, 2019 by CV-Library
We are looking for a design Automation Developer to join an established database development team, based in Edinburgh. As the Design Automation Developer you will be part of a multi-discipline engineering design team, and will have the opportunity to integrate vertically between leaders and practitioners to increase awareness and understanding and maximise the potential for development of client-facing projects, and to integrate horizontally across different engineering disciplines and teams to connect and coordinate innovation opportunities across multiple projects and geographies.
The Design Automation Developer is a key role in progressing the Firms digital transformation plan. It acknowledges the potential for combining engineering domain knowledge with modern digital development skills to create a new hybrid role that can work locally to transform key project outcomes, and globally to transform the capability and operational practices of the wider firm.
To achieve in this role, you are likely to…
* Have experience of working in multi-discipline built-environment design teams.
* Have experience of engineering analysis and design within at least one core discipline.
* Have experience in the preparation and delivery of key project deliverables.
* Have experience with the use of a wide range of digital modelling, analysis and design software.
* Have experience in at least one scripting language (Python, Visual Basic & C#).
* Have experience using SQL (SQL Server, MySQ & Postgres) and / or NoSQL (HBase, Redis & MongoDB) database approaches.
* Have experience with source code control systems (git & svn).
* Have experience with creating simple UI designs for software you have created.
* Have a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in an Engineering, Computer Science or Software Engineering discipline, with demonstrated experience of delivering a variety of technical software projects as part of a multi-discipline-built environment design team.
Reward and Benefits:
Core benefits include private medical insurance, Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and long term disability cover. Flexible Benefits Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash, or spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits. In addition there is a Profit Share scheme